The Student Room Group
I felt exactly the same as you this time last week (I've been here 4 weeks now). During this past week I've realised that I should be doing a lot more work outside lectures (I did none whatsoever for the first 3 weeks) and now I feel seriously behind already! Not good. :frown:

Just do some extra reading/note-taking. How fun. :smile: OR relax and make the most of your free time, as it is "only" the first year, which probably counts for nothing.
I "feel" like I should be doing more and actually know that I should be...but I take comfort in the fact that most people on my course don't even show up for lectures, when they do they talk to each other the whole way through and something just tells me they're not doing much extra reading either :rolleyes:

First essay due in next Thurs though...I'll let you know how I get on!
Reply 3
I feel like I should be doing much more reading, simply because I should be. But 8 books and plays last week, in addition to presentation, essay, and various exercises was a bit much to hope for.
I'm fairly sure that I should be doing more... but I'm not entirely sure what!
Reply 5
RachelBabyfrog
I'm fairly sure that I should be doing more... but I'm not entirely sure what!

That is what I mean!
Reply 6
Yeah I've gone to all my lectures but I still need to get a bit more into doing background reading and doing my work more frequently!
I just cannot be bothered. I thought year one was meant to be a chuckle.
Tarts_n_Vicars
I "feel" like I should be doing more and actually know that I should be...but I take comfort in the fact that most people on my course don't even show up for lectures, when they do they talk to each other the whole way through and something just tells me they're not doing much extra reading either :rolleyes:

First essay due in next Thurs though...I'll let you know how I get on!

Oh my god!That's terrible....here people mutter,to which I shoot them evil looks, but last Monday a couple of people were talking during the lecture and the lecturer shouted at them!Was quite funny actually.
Reply 9
I know what I need to work on really, but I don't want to... because its perverse, stupidly difficult to do (to even begin!!) and I have no interest in learning to solve differential equations, because they are ********!

I will probably soon learn to curve my bad attitude... I am trying not to bunk lectures, but sometimes they aren't worth going to!