The Student Room Group

LNAT results

why do we have to wait till january to get our results?
seeing as it is mutiple choice shouldnt we get our results back instantly after we complete the test, in a similar way to the driving thoery test???
i have sent a letter off to ucas asking for all info they hold on me, do ucas know my lnat score????
Reply 1
I'd assume LNAT people would just wait till everyone had done it so they can send the results out in one batch.
Results are provided to candidates after the main UCAS admissions cycle is over. This stops non-LNAT-participating universities from demanding to know your LNAT score as part of their admissions process. You signed up to this system when you registered for the LNAT.
Reply 3
When exactly do the universities receive our lnat results? Are all the results for people who sat the test before the oxbridge deadline sent in one go, or are they sent to the universities almost immediately once you've sat it?
Reply 4
According to the LNAT website, the universities who require the test will have recieved the results for the multiple choice questions and the essay itself immediately. The candidates, however, will have to wait until late January.
Reply 5
doesnt that then mean we can request uniz to let us know our results as part of data protection malarky????
legal_mc
doesnt that then mean we can request uniz to let us know our results as part of data protection malarky????

Yes. But the Universities have 5 months to respond to such a request under Schedule 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. So not really worth it.
Reply 7
John Gardner
Yes. But the Universities have 5 months to respond to such a request under Schedule 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. So not really worth it.

On the other hand, the LNAT concordat says:

24..."A signatory or customer Law School may also disclose mark(s) for the multiple choice component(s) to the candidate or to the candidate s school (if any) at its own discretion. A signatory or customer Law School will be permitted to make qualitative comments to any candidate who applied to that Law School on his or her performance in the free text component,"

So, at least in theory, the interview tutors could reveal both the score and a general impression of the essay to the candidate.

Not that it really matters. After all, the LNAT is only a tool.

Latest

Trending

Trending