The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Caster Troy2
Started at 11, finished at 11.5 (first class oxon)

yer wot?
Hopefully I can start when I'm nineteen, just turned :smile:. I'm glad I'm not going next year - I don't feel ready to go. I've always been the young one (born in August) and I wouldn't feel comfortable :frown:.
Reply 42
18 and again at 20 :biggrin:
Reply 43
21. I was meant to start at 19, but I went to a US High school for a semester, then came back here to volunteer, so that got me one year behind. I am now taking a gap year to volunteer and travel - another year behind lol But I don't care much about my age. I'm much keener to study than I am to get a job so far so it'd okay :biggrin:
Anne*UK*06
21. I was meant to start at 19, but I went to a US High school for a semester, then came back here to volunteer, so that got me one year behind. I am now taking a gap year to volunteer and travel - another year behind lol But I don't care much about my age. I'm much keener to study than I am to get a job so far so it'd okay :biggrin:

To be honest, when you get to university, there are three categories of students. There are mature students over twenty-five or so, who are clearly older than most people on the course. There are a few people who have clearly just left school, just turned eighteen and aren't really ready for university. They can't look after themselves and struggle to cope with the independence at first. Then there's everyone else. They could have just turned eighteen, or they might have had a gap year, or they might be a year behind, or they might have had several years out. This represents the majority of freshers, and by and large, you can't tell how old they are unless you ask them.
Reply 45
Sounds good to me :smile: Plus, you'd never think I'm 21 lol I totally look like 16/17 :redface: :frown: :p:
17, should finish at either 20 or 21 depending on whether i do a placement :smile:
Reply 47
20, started this year. not sure when i will finish.....
Reply 48
Started at 21 and should finish by 24. Finish is a relative term though since I am planning on studying medicine after this degree.
Reply 49
nikk
Started at 21 and should finish by 24. Finish is a relative term though since I am planning on studying medicine after this degree.

Utter nutter :p:
Reply 50
Sarky

Utter nutter :p:

hehe yeah i'm a glutton for punishment! :wink: :p:
I'll be starting uni at 20... Glad to hear I'm not the only one!
Reply 52
I started my med degree at 28.
Reply 53
i started at 18, and because my birthdays end of Aug, i was only 18 by a few weeks!
started uni at age 18, my birthday's in May. should finish at age 22 :biggrin:
Reply 55
18 :smile:
Started at 18, began post grad at 22.

Latest

Trending

Trending