The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Within a couple of weeks I think. Where abouts in Birmingham are you from? / Which school did you go to? :p:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Im from castle vale *bleurgh* lol... tisnt nice.. but I go to John Willmott School.
What ru studying at Lancaster?
Its my first choice... sounds great.. do u like it?
Lis xx
Reply 3
I'm studying the wonders of Accounting and Finance, but one of the best bits about Lancaster is the Major/Minor system which means I can do another course that I like as my minor, as well as Accounting and Finance :biggrin:
Reply 4
Yeah thats what I like about it, you can do three subjects in your first year if your doing single honours major can't you? I think i'll do criminology and philosophy aswell. Where abouts are you from in Birmingham? which school?
Oh and what college is best in your opinion? I'm guessing ur going to say whichever one you're in lol
Lis
Reply 5
Yep, three subjects. It's very cool :biggrin:

Technically I'm not from Birmingham, I'm from Oldbury in Sandwell but it's close enough. I went to school in Kings Heath at King Edwards VI Camp Hill Grammar School for Boys. :p:

As for college.... Fylde > All :biggrin:
Reply 6
lol.. ok... i think it was Lonsdale I liked the look of.. but I'll probably change my mind a million times before then...more choices.. *argh* I've only just managed to choose 6 universities lol.
lis
Reply 7
Haha, I chose Lancaster simply because I had to choose 6 for UCAS. Then when I actually looked at the prospectus and visited the university (after getting the offer) it suddenly became my first choice despite getting 5 other offers!

I've been to Lonsdale bar a couple of times, it's very modern and flashy but it doesn't have the 'homely' feel to it that Fylde bar has :biggrin:
Reply 8
lol.. cool.. well i'll keep you posted if I get an offer.. keep ur fingers crossed for me... u can be my Lancaster buddy lol
Lis
Reply 9
Brummies seem to be few and far between up here! I've only met like 3 I think! I've lost most of my accent though (seems a strange thing to say), I used to have an extremely thick, in both senses of the word, black country accent when I was younger but that soon got beaten out of me at grammar school :p:
Reply 10
lol... ah I just go to your average secondary school so I still talk proper common :tongue:
Reply 11
WOOT!!! Got my Lancaster offer yesterday, they're only asking for BBB so even better :biggrin:
Reply 12
Congratulations! Hurrah for Brummies at Lancaster! :biggrin:
Reply 13
lol just noticed this thread.

Lancasters my first choice if i get an offer and im from Birmingham-ish! :biggrin: So

Go Brummies!!!!!!!!!
Reply 14
You're at KES? That better not be THE KES :tongue:
I'm from neeeearish Birmingham (Leamington Spa)... but I'm not a proper Brummy so never mind. :p:
Reply 16
Lol well which is THE KES?! Its MY KES :biggrin:
Reply 17
Haha, the private school in Edgbaston?
Reply 18
nooo! lol too many KES!! Obviously mines the best! :biggrin: ha!
Reply 19
Haha, mine's the best! :wink: We came top in the country! :p: But we were KECHSB

Latest

Trending

Trending