The Student Room Group

Can't get into University because of snow - instant fail?

Hi,
I'm an Architecture student and today was a review day when all my work from the past month or so gets evaluated. However i couldn't get in due to the snow. I'm now being told it's an instant fail because i couldn't get in! Can they do this?
Reply 1
How far from the uni do you live? Did you ring up to explain? Did other people manage to get in
Reply 2
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time! COOL RUNNINGS!
Reply 3
Original post by Aj12
How far from the uni do you live? Did you ring up to explain? Did other people manage to get in

7 miles. And some did yes, but only because their accommodation is about a 30 second walk from the university.
Reply 4
I'm sure you won't be the only one.... if tons of people couldn't get in, they surely can't straight fail everyone?
Reply 5
Have you explained your situation!?
Oh my thats really harsh.
At our uni anyone who had coursework or books due today or yesterday were extended until the university openned. But I guess if yours was closed fully.... you should have a case surely
Reply 7
Our uni has a procedure that if you can't get in due to snow, and it's the day of an exam or anything as important, you have to submit a personal mitgating circumstances form (normally only used if you are ill, and have a doctor's note, or if there's a death in your family, or something similar, but they said it applies to snow too). Maybe you have a similar thing at your uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending