The Student Room Group

Feeling really demotivated

At my uni we have a non-assessed essay then an assessed essay in the first semester.

I got 65 (2.1) on my non-assessed, which I thought was pretty good considering it was my first essay.. then today I got back my assessed one and only got 57 :confused: (2.2)

I know it's not TOO bad.. but I'm just feeling really rubbish about it now and thinking that I'm only going to do worse in the exam. The thing is, I don't even understand why I got marked down - I THINK it was to do with depth of my reading but I'm not sure (gonna talk to my tutor about it)

Anyone got any tips on motivating myself? I just feel like theres no point now (which I know it's stupid because it isn't the end of the world, but a low mark on your first uni essay doesn't do much for confidence, right?)

Anyone else had bad experiences so far this term?
Reply 1
We've been told this is common, because some people hit the criteria on one essay but don't for the next. Its only your first semester and those are decent grades for your first university essays, chin up :smile:
Reply 2
First semester, first year. It doesn't even count.

Get good feedback on your essay and improve in the future. :smile:
Reply 3
Just move on, it doesn't count and you are capable of getting a solid 2.1, so don't worry too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending