Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Schemes of Work on the dfes website?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone else was having trouble accessing/unable to access the Schemes of Work on the dfes website? Myself and all of the other trainee teachers at my University have been unable to the past few days. Anyone else? Also does anyone have any more information as to why this might be? Thank you in advance to anyone who responds xx
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just tried and it didn't appear to be working for me either
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    They've been taking everything on the standards website on and offline for the last few months. Stuff is disappearing constantly as one day you'll read a document and the next day it will be gone, this has been a on going issue on my PGCE course since September. Basically, the new curriculum changes means that a lot of the stuff on there will cease to exist or be in a different form in a few months time and they're gradually removing pieces from the government websites as its no longer a reflection of current policy.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    that's really annoying, as there was a lot of good stuff on there!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKTx)
    that's really annoying, as there was a lot of good stuff on there!
    I've taken to saving literally everything I ever look at in pdf form then I've got access to it in the future.

Teacherstv is also going meaning anything you want from there needs to be downloaded... my uni are currently downloading literally every video on it as there's some great stuff even if it is cheesy!
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    I've taken to saving literally everything I ever look at in pdf form then I've got access to it in the future.

Teacherstv is also going meaning anything you want from there needs to be downloaded... my uni are currently downloading literally every video on it as there's some great stuff even if it is cheesy!
    I expect most unis will be doing this! We didn't use it a lot, but it was useful. I wouldn't know where to begin to save stuff from the dfes. I thought they would archive it as useful resources
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had an e-mail from my Uni last night to say the Schemes of work have been officially taken down though I haven't checked this myself.
    We were advised at the beginning of the year to save them all as they were unsure of the date they would be removed.
    I think I have them all if anyone needs them. Message me if you need them.

EDIT - Should point out I need your email as I cannot figure out if you can attach files on here.
    Also I only have primary schemes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi natt5253,

I would really appreciate it if you could email them to me.

Thanks

Fran
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran1)
    Hi natt5253,

I would really appreciate it if you could email them to me.

Thanks

Fran
    hey no problem just send me a message with you email in it and I will send them to you =]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natt5253)
    I had an e-mail from my Uni last night to say the Schemes of work have been officially taken down though I haven't checked this myself.
    We were advised at the beginning of the year to save them all as they were unsure of the date they would be removed.
    I think I have them all if anyone needs them. Message me if you need them.

EDIT - Should point out I need your email as I cannot figure out if you can attach files on here.
    Also I only have primary schemes
    Hi, I have just tried to access the schemes of work for Year 2 and for some other primary years and I'm really gutted that they have removed them, they were really helpful! Could you possibly email them to me too?

Many thanks

Michelle
    Mod edit: e-mail address removed. Please use PMs to exchange contact details
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This site appears to have schemes of work for KS3 Science, downloadable as free PDPs - not sure how much use they'll be but they seem pretty comprehensive.

http://www.nelsonthornes.com/ks3/sci...mesofwork.html

Nat

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 18, 2010
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.