The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh grow up. They made some jokes, if you can't take it maybe you're better off staying with your own kind.
It's just banter. You're over sensitive. Being black, asain, whatever is just like being the ginger of the group, or the blonde.
Reply 21
BTW, I love the fact that everyone doesn't see anything wrong with me being told that having bron skin is unfortunate, yet is so shocked that I may consider some white people racist

give me a break...

and then this country gets bombed and everyone is like "but whyyy!??"

:|
Original post by PlanetEuropa
So people who ask you where you originally came from (i.e. parents etc.) they are to blame for terrorist attacks ?

You are an utter moron.

This.

Racism is discriminating against someone because of their race or nationality.

Asking what your race or nationality is not discrimination.

You actually make a mockery of people who actually do suffer racism.

"Bulgarian people are ignorant, fat, lazy pigs!" = Racism

"Are you Bulgarian?" = Not Racism
Reply 23
Oh gosh you are unbelievably insensitive!

From the posts that I see you have made I think you really need to gain some perspective. You seem to have a problem with 'all' white people and associating them with being British, which is madness. I would very much like to see how you got on in some of the most racist states in America! Compared to them, Britain is hardly racist at all.

If, as you seem to imply, you are staying in Britain at the moment, then I find it maddening that you stay here and complain so much. If you don't like it then I would suggest you bugger off somewhere sunnier, full of black people and left wing societies. And if you're here for university, then I think you need to accept that it is a place for multi-culturalism where many people have extremely differing views. Not everyone is a multi-cultural, political left-wing backing human being!
Original post by Bongboy6969
I have alot of white friends, I have alot of asian and black friends also!

I tend to look at individuals rather than an entire race when I speak to people..

But why do SOME white people constantly bring up te subject of race, and then say "it doesn't matter, im not racist etc"

Not all white people are like this...some genuinly don't care...some are genuinly interested etc.

I usually find that a white person that has already gotten to know you, and then asks questions is someone who is genuinly interested and doesn't simply look at you as "an asian, or a black" as they have already become your friend...

however some white people ask you about your race/ religon/ where you are from as soon as they mett you! now, unless you have a foreign accent, why is this such an important issue when you FIRST meet someone? (when you say engand, they say oooo, but where is your family from....stupid idiots don't realise that they probably have norweigan, danish, dutch, french, irish heritage, so me asking them th same question, they should say france or denmark no? yet they don't, they always say england, as if having french ancestors doesn't matter, but having indian heritage somehow precludes you from stating your from england)

I don't go round asking white people whether their mother is scottish and father is french; because it doesn't matter to me/I don't care....

I used to hang with a really good bunch of white friends in school, so never had a problem (not one that couldn't be taken care of, ofcourse their were racial slurs, but usually from people that didn't have many friends and didn't know how to insult a confident guy such as myself) however recently, hanging with some white people rom uni, I have realised that white people can still be very racist, and when in groups, love to encourage eachother....

I had one white guy say "I'm not racist, how can I be? My girlfriend is half Indian. Unfortunatly her dad has brown skin, but you gotta live with it" the whole room then erupted in laughter....

I said this was out of order, and another dude said "c'mon man, stop playing the racist card, he didn't mean it like that! I hate it when you pull that card, you all do it!"

I just smiled and carried on.....

I used to stick up for white people, when my black friends used to say some were evil etc. but this crap is actually starting to make me distrust alot of white people that I meet..and im actually afraid im starting to dislike and thus become racist against them

which is a sham, as some of my best firnds in the past have been white, and my ex was also white...

neway this was very long, but what are your views and advice you could give me?

It's your own fault for being too naive and trusting.

I don't like the level of political correctness and tolerance in this country, it only allows racist individuals to harbour their views. I'd prefer to interact with people who show themselves for who they are.

Also that point about white people who ask questions about where you are from; I generally prefer those types of people if I'm being honest. I don't like people who go and start making assumptions about me, I prefer straight talking. I'm curious about people and I also ask those questions. It isn't because I'm racist but because I'm well travelled and enjoy learning about other people and their cultures.

I'd suggest you trace back your Caribbean/ African roots or wherever you are from, that way you won't feel so uncomfortable when people start asking you questions. Face it, you are not actually British. The sooner black british born people realise this, the sooner they can sort out their identity crises. I mean look at Black Americans, they strongly identify themselves as African American and a lot of traced back their roots to Ghana. That's why even African American Celebs are heavily involved in Africa.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25
So people who ask you where you originally came from (i.e. parents etc.) they are to blame for terrorist attacks ?

You are an utter moron.

no your a moron, and I think you are intentionally pretending that you think I was replying to you...

the white guy I repsonded to said (even though you can read with your own eyes, but I guess your going to pretend you never read his post eh? another white person brushing thinges under the carpet) black people should get over slavery, if we should get over slavery, then why have the yanks never gotten over 9/11?

why do the british constantly remind germans of the second world war, yet us blacks are told to never mention slavery and "get over it" ?

c'mon you moron, answer me this? or are you going to pretend to not read it again....

I never said that people who ask you where you are from are the reason for terrorist attacks, I said it is the ignorant way some whites behave (askin a black guy to "get over" slavery, in this very topic! look upwards you friggin retard!) that cause these attacks.....

please answer me, oh learned one, why it is justified for a white person, in THIS very topic, to say to me, that I should get over slavery, when the British are CONSTANTLY going on about the nazis, the jewish go on about the holocaust, England goes on about the London bombings?

answer this you damn fool
Just puff on that bong of yours and you won't care if they are boring :ahee:
Original post by danny111
Just puff on that bong of yours and you won't care if they are boring.

beat me to it
no your a moron, and I think you are intentionally pretending that you think I was replying to you...

the white guy I repsonded to said (even though you can read with your own eyes, but I guess your going to pretend you never read his post eh? another white person brushing thinges under the carpet) black people should get over slavery, if we should get over slavery, then why have the yanks never gotten over 9/11?

why do the british constantly remind germans of the second world war, yet us blacks are told to never mention slavery and "get over it" ?

c'mon you moron, answer me this? or are you going to pretend to not read it again....

I never said that people who ask you where you are from are the reason for terrorist attacks, I said it is the ignorant way some whites behave (askin a black guy to "get over" slavery, in this very topic! look upwards you friggin retard!) that cause these attacks.....

please answer me, oh learned one, why it is justified for a white person, in THIS very topic, to say to me, that I should get over slavery, when the British are CONSTANTLY going on about the nazis, the jewish go on about the holocaust, England goes on about the London bombings?

answer this you damn fool

When do the British ever go on about Nazis ???????????????

I have never heard British people blaming germans for all their problems. I have never heard people blaming the nazis for the state of their own problems.

Black people should actually get over slavery. the 7/7 bombings were a few years ago and we are still at a huge risk of terrorist attack. Slavery ended over a hundred years ago, get over it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Can I make a suggestion ............

if you want me out, then kick me out, but ofource your too scared to even look me in the eye in real life....
Is this meant to be surprising?
Reply 31
When do the British ever go on about Nazis ???????????????

the british go on about the terrrist attacks, and they do constantly remind german folk about world war 2 whenever the footie is on, even the newspapers do this

you still haven't answered my question have you? :biggrin:

idiot, I hope you get what's coming to you.....
Reply 32
You don't have any friends; don't kid yourself.

In all seriousness, I'd be more than happy to discuss my heritage with someone, why are you unhappy to discuss yours.
another thing is that the UK still is a racist country, and white rules. Why shouldn't it, since white people were here first and for millenia at that? lol... In all seriousness, despite contemporary society's alleged hatred of racism and other forms of bigotry, there is still a hurdle, and non-whites simply have to get over it.

Hang out with uni people, people from non-rural areas, or those of more liberal attitudes (Guardian readers and the like). These groups are less likely to be racist.
Dude, calm down a bit, yeah? (not that i completely disagree with you) but take a chill pill
Reply 35
Original post by ribeena
Oh gosh you are unbelievably insensitive!

From the posts that I see you have made I think you really need to gain some perspective. You seem to have a problem with 'all' white people and associating them with being British, which is madness. I would very much like to see how you got on in some of the most racist states in America! Compared to them, Britain is hardly racist at all.

If, as you seem to imply, you are staying in Britain at the moment, then I find it maddening that you stay here and complain so much. If you don't like it then I would suggest you bugger off somewhere sunnier, full of black people and left wing societies. And if you're here for university, then I think you need to accept that it is a place for multi-culturalism where many people have extremely differing views. Not everyone is a multi-cultural, political left-wing backing human being!

staying in britain at the moment? im here for univeristy?

LOL

errrrr no.....I am here because I was born here....but for some reason this is very difficult for your white mindset to understand

Yeah I also had a good laugh at "britian is hardly racist at all", im assuming you are white, so how would you know?

some of the users on here go on about degrees, a levels, this that and the other, but their obviously still very very stupid
Reply 36
and then this country gets bombed and everyone is like "but whyyy!??"

:|

:lolwut:

Seriously? You think that makes sense?

Tbh I don't know about anyone else but I've found 'where are you from?' to be pretty much the first question people ask when making friends at uni. Especially if you've got a foreign-sounding name. There's a girl in my biology lectures with a southern English accent and a Greek name - when people ask where she's from, she says she's from [insert southern English town] and her family's from Greece.

I think you're being overly sensitive. People making jokes just shows it's something they can be open about and assume you can be too. Tell them if it bothers you.
staying in britain at the moment? im here for univeristy?

LOL

errrrr no.....I am here because I was born here....but for some reason this is very difficult for your white mindset to understand

Yeah I also had a good laugh at "britian is hardly racist at all", im assuming you are white, so how would you know?

some of the users on here go on about degrees, a levels, this that and the other, but their obviously still very very stupid

Like we care, go and look for pity somewhere else. The British people did not force immigrants here, you choose to be here, whether you were born here or not.
(edited 13 years ago)
black people should get over slavery, if we should get over slavery, then why have the yanks never gotten over 9/11?

It is uncalled for to tell someone to 'get over' slavery. But you must remember this; all the people involved in slavery, whether victims or culprits are all dead, and have been dead for hundreds of years. We all mourn the loss of life, but slavery is no more, it was abolished and we should celebrate that. We live in a multicultural society where we are all equal in the eyes of the law. Hard-feelings towards white people because of slavery are now unjust.

The families of 9/11 are still alive and hurting, the conflict which caused the incident is still going on right now. They have not got their justice.

The British don't constantly remind Germans of the second world war. Jokingly at the world cup, yes, but we don't spit at Germans in the street because of the war. We are members of the European Union together, trade together, and new generations do not have any hard feelings towards Germans.
Reply 39
If you don't like British people then pick a country.

Is the weather nice in Pakistan, Bangladesh or wherever you are originally from ?

you are so dumb it's incredible...you do realise that biritsh people live in other countries also?

Have I just rocked your world? :eek:

LOL

I can guarantee you wouldn't tell any minorites in real life to go to the airport you little coward...I bet you get very scared IRL

im not going anywhere, if you don't want me here, then make me leave :biggrin:

what? is that the sound of you not doing anything?

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending