The Student Room Group

People who think size 12/14 are too big/fat!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Wesker115

I worry when we have reported that the UK's average size is a 16 etc. This kind of reporting leads gullibe peiople into thinking that to be noremal then they must be this size also.

Totally agree!

Whilst 16 CAN look good on some people and rarely, be "heathly", the truth is that the majority of British woman are not 5'10" Amazonian goddesses (the average height in fact, is between 5'3 1/2 and 5'4" 1/2). Thus, being a size 16 in conjuction with such a small height, suggests that they are overweight and putting their health at risk.
What is the actual point in this thread?:rolleyes::curious:
Reply 22
This is like when you get a 16 stone ordinary fat bloke going ''16 stone men are attractive'' and posts a load of pictures of boxers/football players and rugby players.
Have to agree with what's been said. Went out with someone who was a size 12/14 but they were pretty tall so nowhere near fat. Tbh though anybody shorter than me shouldn't be more than a 10/12, but that's just my preference
Reply 24
I'm just under 5'3 and I'm generally a 10/12. Honestly, I think going by clothes size is useless as there's so much variation in shops. I tried on two pairs of trousers in Dorothy Perkins recently both in a size 12. One of them was too tight, and the other was hanging off me and they were only slightly different styles!

I used to be a size 8 but I had people telling me I looked ill and that I was too thin. I'd rather be a size 12 and look healthy, and my BMI is in the healthy range so anyone who doesn't like it can get stuffed.
Original post by loonyplatypus
In general, men find women who use the search function most attractive.

Im so horny for you right now.
Reply 26
I'm 5'8 and a size 10-12, I think. Highly depends. I have a 'bigger' frame. So it's 'natural' for me.. Just like Liv Tyler etc has a 'bigger' frame and would look strange if she was a lot thinner or whatever.
This women is 11stone and 5'9

This women is 11stone but 5'0

Conclusion: Height and body shape will effect the way you look in clothes no matter what size you are.

P.s I know these are in stone not dress size, but you get the picture.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Dress size is an extremely poor indicator of both health and physical attractiveness. There's not much else to say on the matter.
Im 5ft 4 and im a size 6

theres no way on this earth id be happy being a size 12, i dont know why ,i just couldnt

But tbh it depends on the person, if your happy then good for u, but u cnt complain when some people may call u fat or whatever- its just western societys typical view

:smile:
And tbh, none of those models are attractive :\
Original post by TomInce6666
Im so horny for you right now.

Hi there :sexface:
Reply 32
I think those women look beautiful :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by mtoo
There's been many threads on here that say in general that sizes 12 / 14 are too big? Is this really the general opinion, considering some of these examples?

These girls are all size 12, 14,16. Would you guys seriously not hit that? I think they are gorgeous.

Nothing wrong with a size 12, but 14 is getting a bit porkier. Of course you can look good at that size if you're a slim 14/16, so you have big bones and still have a visible waist. Also depends how you dress yourself.
However, having a brick instead of a waist and flab spilling out over your jeans and a belly that sticks out is far from attractive :/
Reply 34
When I became a size 12 I thought I was okay. I'm 5'7 and have more less an hourglass figure. Came on here and apparently that's an epic fail on my part. Was slightly devastated.
Original post by weeping*angel
What is the actual point in this thread?:rolleyes::curious:

I'm guessing someone took offence at some comment long-since lost in a thread somewhere about size 12/14 women being "too big". It's hard to say which one, because there's a whole load of posts where people decide what dress size is "too big" by whatever odd set of standards they've drawn up for themselves.

Being over (or under...) weight may be unhealthy, but then again (IMO) so is obsessing over size - yours or anyone else's. Be healthy, be happy, wear what you want and stop worrying what everyone else is doing!
Reply 36
Some of those women are slightly chubs though.

I'm 5 foot 2 and if I were a size 12 I'd be overweight. I'm a size 8 (sometimes a 10) and I still feel I could lose a few!!! (not anorexic)
Reply 37
Original post by mtoo
There's been many threads on here that say in general that sizes 12 / 14 are too big? Is this really the general opinion, considering some of these examples?

These girls are all size 12, 14,16. Would you guys seriously not hit that? I think they are gorgeous.

They're models though. Your standard 12, 14 and 16s don't look that good.

Personally though, curvey girls are just as attractive as petite girls.
Reply 38
wasn't so sure about the last pic :s-smilie:
Reply 39
Original post by CoffeeStinks
This women is 11stone and 5'9

This women is 11stone but 5'0

Conclusion: Height and body shape will effect the way you look in clothes no matter what size you are.

P.s I know these are in stone not dress size, but you get the picture.

:drool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending