The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Thats what I'm planning to do with my hist/pol degree. Basically, both parts help with understanding current affairs and arranging the information into a coherent form so readers/listeners get all the relevant details in the most effective way.
Reply 2
I want to be a broadcast journalist with a History degree. It's prefectly acceptable.

You could do a year of postgrad journalism or one of the fast-track type courses. It is v. competitive though. Seriously.
Journalism is extremely competitive. A History or English degree will definitely be helpful as will getting involved in student journalism doing both of those at Oxbridge would also help.

Although there’s not really a fixed path to getting into journalism; plenty of decent journalists don’t have degrees and left school and started working for a local newspaper and worked their way up.

Through my parents I know a few journalists and their advice has broadly been the best way of getting into journalism is being good, getting work experience, having contacts - and being in the right place at the right time to make the last two happen.

Good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending