Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

how much time do you spend on psychology?

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    This is what you get told :-) However, I find that it doesn't take that much work.. it depends what grade you're aiming for I suppose. I have 10 hours of lectures per week, and then do around 5-6 hours of independant study when I don't have assignments due, but then it can get to be much more than this when work is set.
    Awesome
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My first semester I've had between 11-13 hours contact time a week (alternating weeks, guest lecturers etc) but this is spread over five days. Somedays I have 4 hours or 3 hours gaps so although it doesn't seem much time we do alot of walking back and forth to halls or having dinner etc in between lectures. We have weekly stats/research methods/SPSS exams which means alot of reading in your own time aswell as roughly an assignment a week so far. We have mid term exams and end of semester exams. Our research project in our first year seems to take up alot of my time etc so I would say I am easily in lectures/doing assignments/reading etc for about 30 hours a week. I also have a part time job for 12 hours a week.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elvis L)
    when did your semester begin?

ok so,how much spend on homework a week when you DONT have a deadline,and how much time do you spend on homework a week when you have a deadline?
    and how many deadlines do you have in a year?
    My semester began at the beginning of October.

When I don't have a deadline it's probably like half an hour a week.. Just the odd thing for lab classes or workshop when I have them. When I do have a deadline it's probably like 5 hours work in the week its due unless it's group work where the hours are spread out over a few weeks.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have 14 contact hours a week, and for every lecture I do around four hours of reading, outside of doing assignments. It's a heavy workload, but I'd rather that than not having anything to do.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 14, 2010
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.