The Student Room Group

Brazil formally recognises the Palestinian state - Israel is 'saddened'

From AFP

JERUSALEM Israel on Saturday said it was disappointed by Brazil's decision to recognise a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders, saying it flew in the face of efforts to negotiate a peace deal.

The decision was announced by outgoing Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva in a public letter addressed to Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas, which was made public by Brazil's foreign ministry on Friday.

"The government of Israel expresses sadness and disappointment over the decision by the Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva a month before he steps down," a statement from the Israeli foreign ministry said. "Recognition of a Palestinian state is a breach of the interim agreement which was signed between Israel and the Palestinian Authority in 1995 which said that the issue of the status of the West Bank and Gaza Strip would be discussed and resolved through negotiations," it said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i5qvPLZhJCQGyfCb8BOx8DjEArtQ?docId=CNG.f20a47ac6b3d8a573abdfa41c0b1c9ad.441

http://www.karachinews.net/story/715699/ht/Brazil-recognises-old-Palestinian-borders

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_16769038?nclick_check=1

Discuss.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I've just found a new favourite country.

Kudos to Brazil
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
lol who da **** is brazil? they are probably one of the more insignificant countries on this planet. who cares about them?
Reply 3
Original post by Broderss
lol who da **** is brazil? they are probably one of the more insignificant countries on this planet. who cares about them?

Only one of the more important countries of the 21st century... the century we're in at the moment..
Good job, Brazil.

Hopefully Iran will put the zionist terrorists in their place soon enough.
Reply 5
lol so Israel are upset because the official Palestine borders have not yet been set seems pretty pathetic
Reply 6

Brazil is the largest country in South America. It is the world's fifth largest country, both by geographical area and by population

The Brazilian economy is the world's eighth largest economy by nominal GDP and the ninth largest by purchasing power parity. Brazil is one of the world's fastest growing major economies. Economic reforms have given the country new international recognition. Brazil is a founding member of the United Nations, the G20, CPLP, Latin Union, the Organization of Ibero-American States, Mercosul and the Union of South American Nations, and is one of the BRIC Countries. Brazil is also home to a diversity of wildlife, natural environments, and extensive natural resources in a variety of protected habitats.

:smile:
Reply 7
Excellent. I love Brasil, they hold this Brown Pride dear.

**** the Zionist regime. Peace for all, not just them.
Reply 8

Shut up lol
Broderss has to be one of the dumbest users ever to grace the internet.
Reply 10
Original post by Diaz89
Brazil is the largest country in South America. It is the world's fifth largest country, both by geographical area and by population

The Brazilian economy is the world's eighth largest economy by nominal GDP and the ninth largest by purchasing power parity. Brazil is one of the world's fastest growing major economies. Economic reforms have given the country new international recognition. Brazil is a founding member of the United Nations, the G20, CPLP, Latin Union, the Organization of Ibero-American States, Mercosul and the Union of South American Nations, and is one of the BRIC Countries. Brazil is also home to a diversity of wildlife, natural environments, and extensive natural resources in a variety of protected habitats.

:smile:

Didn't see them in ****ing WWI or WWII.
Reply 11
Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl
Broderss has to be one of the dumbest users ever to grace the internet.

how so? i happen to believe i am pretty intelifgent.

The Brazilian Expeditionary Force or BEF (Portuguese: Força Expedicionária Brasileira, or FEB) was a force about 25,700 men and women arranged by the Army and Air Force to fight alongside the Allied forces in the Mediterranean Theatre of World War II. Brazil was the only South American country to send troops to fight in the Second World War.[a]
This air-land force fought in Italy from September of 1944 to May of 1945, while the Brazilian Navy as well as the Air Force also acted in the Atlantic Ocean from the middle of 1942 until the end of war. During the eight months of the Italian campaign, the Brazilian Expeditionary Force managed to take 20,573 Axis prisoners, including two generals, 892 officers and 19,679 other ranks. During the War, Brazil lost 948 of its own men killed in action across all three services.
Reply 13
Original post by CombineHarvester
The Brazilian Expeditionary Force or BEF (Portuguese: Força Expedicionária Brasileira, or FEB) was a force about 25,700 men and women arranged by the Army and Air Force to fight alongside the Allied forces in the Mediterranean Theatre of World War II. Brazil was the only South American country to send troops to fight in the Second World War.[a]
This air-land force fought in Italy from September of 1944 to May of 1945, while the Brazilian Navy as well as the Air Force also acted in the Atlantic Ocean from the middle of 1942 until the end of war. During the eight months of the Italian campaign, the Brazilian Expeditionary Force managed to take 20,573 Axis prisoners, including two generals, 892 officers and 19,679 other ranks. During the War, Brazil lost 948 of its own men killed in action across all three services.

wow they didn't even lose a thousand men, germany lost 8 million of its brave soldiers and russia 21 million.

You didn't look very hard. They fought in both wars, and lost about 1000 men in WW2. Fair enough its not a lot in the scheme of things, but they were certainly there.
Reply 15
Brasil is a 21st century power. You know which state is worthless?

It's illegally squatting on someone else's land, it's got 6 million people and cries if anyone questions it...
Thank You Brazil!

In the light of this announcement, I'm definitely travelling to Brazil for the World Cup:biggrin:

wow they didn't even lose a thousand men, germany lost 8 million of its brave soldiers and russia 21 million.

That's how awesome they were.
Reply 18
Original post by CombineHarvester
That's how awesome they were.

:lol: good one
Original post by Diaz89
I think I've just found a new favourite country.

Kudos to Brazil

This :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending