The Student Room Group

Fees for 2011/2012

As they are voting on Thursday for fees to go up or not in 2012, surely people like me going to university in 2011 will benefit from the current lower fees.

However I was wondering whether or not I would have these lower fees throughout my whole Uni life or would I have to pay the lower fees in my first year and then up to 9000 in my second and third year?
Reply 1
They have confirmed that students that start before 2012 will pay the lower fees rate, they will still go up slightly each year but only by around £100 not a massive jump by thousands.
Reply 2
Original post by flipshot
They have confirmed that students that start before 2012 will pay the lower fees rate, they will still go up slightly each year but only by around £100 not a massive jump by thousands.

Where did you get that information from? I cannot find any official data confirming this apart from forums.
Reply 3
Original post by robmorton007
Where did you get that information from? I cannot find any official data confirming this apart from forums.

The official website for the government department that covers higher education, its not hard to find.

http://www.bis.gov.uk/policies/higher-education/students/student-finance/myth-buster

Q - I’m already in debt from my first year at university. The additional fee means I won’t be able to complete my degree
A The fee increases do not affect existing students. Those already at university will continue to pay the current tuition fees (£3290 per year) until they complete their courses. The new funding arrangements only apply from September 2012.

and

Q - I start university in September 2011 and I’m confused about what I will have to pay
A Students starting courses in 2011 will pay the existing tuition fees (£3,290 per year) and will continue to pay at this rate until they complete their studies. The new fees and repayment arrangements only apply from September 2012.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending