The Student Room Group

How to memorize spanish essay?

Hello :smile:

I have to memorize a spanish essay of 250 words for Thursday. It is bad enough memorizing something, but in another langauge with accents and everything makes it really hard! Especially as I will be writing it.

Do you have an tips or step by step plans on how I can learn it by Thursday?

Thanks a lot!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cold hard repetition
If you learn it in English, it will be easier to recall (only do this if you'll be able to translate it back, though)
Reply 3
Hey :biggrin: I had to do this for German, what I did was learn a paragraph a night by writing it out, reading it out loud, highlighting parts i kept forgetting and then writing out every paragraph i had learned so far. Hope this helps and Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Yea thats the thing won't be as accurate once translated back :smile:
Reply 5
Oh yea forgot to mention that we are allowed to take 30 words into the exam to remind us and draw 5 pictures, but dunno if that will help!
Best way I found was to split it up into 4 or 5 paragraphs, then learn them one at at a time.
Reply 7
Original post by mmckn
Hey :biggrin: I had to do this for German, what I did was learn a paragraph a night by writing it out, reading it out loud, highlighting parts i kept forgetting and then writing out every paragraph i had learned so far. Hope this helps and Good luck! :smile:

Thanks!!
Reply 8
Original post by manutd27
Thanks!!

No problem:biggrin:, have you done any speaking tests yet? 6 minutes of hell for me :mad:
Reply 9
Yep done 1. Was so nervous, therefore messed up. But got 3 more so hopefully will do better!!
Reply 10
Any more tips would be great!
When I did this for GCSE, I just wrote it out a few times. I also made a word out of the first letter of each paragraph's subject to help me remember the subject of each paragraph. I learnt each paragraph accurately, by writing it out a few times. It was pretty easy to remember after doing this. I was surprised that I could actually remember it word for word, just keep repeatedly writing it until it sticks.
Reply 12
Original post by mmckn

This is the way I did it for my Spanish and I had full marks, good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by manutd27
Hello :smile:

I have to memorize a spanish essay of 250 words for Thursday. It is bad enough memorizing something, but in another langauge with accents and everything makes it really hard! Especially as I will be writing it.

Do you have an tips or step by step plans on how I can learn it by Thursday?

Thanks a lot!

I'm not sure if this will be of much help but when I was allowed to take in words with me I found it really useful if I wrote down the first and last word of every sentence so i knew where it started and where it finished. Other than that I pretty much just wrote it out again and again and again until I remembered it perfectly.

Aw... I Miss Spanish :grin:
Reply 14
currently trying to learn 6 questions for tomorrow morning in a hour, have already failed one and have no clue what to do
I have a Spanish writing test on Thursday (tomorrow) where i have to remember 175 words even though I only started learning it yesterday so I can relate. You just try to remember a sentence at a time repeating it over and over which is pretty boring. Your brain will only concentrate for an hour so after that time limit its pretty much downhill from there. Allow yourself 20min breaks after each hour and while your revising drink lots of water because as your brain is made up of something like 75% water it will make it easier to take things in.

HOPE MY TIPS WORK AND GOOD LUCK ON THE TEST
Original post by paristansley1057
I have a Spanish writing test on Thursday (tomorrow) where i have to remember 175 words even though I only started learning it yesterday so I can relate. You just try to remember a sentence at a time repeating it over and over which is pretty boring. Your brain will only concentrate for an hour so after that time limit its pretty much downhill from there. Allow yourself 20min breaks after each hour and while your revising drink lots of water because as your brain is made up of something like 75% water it will make it easier to take things in.

HOPE MY TIPS WORK AND GOOD LUCK ON THE TEST

Good luck on the test? You do realise the original poster made the post 4 years ago?
Reply 17
I have a Spanish GCSE coursework - I have to memorise 500 words!
do mind maps of the most inportant words in the correct order
Woah, all the amounts I've seen people are doing are so much, I'm only in y9 and I have to do 360 words for Spanish and memorize. Thank god it's not 3500 lol. Haven't memorized anything ye
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending