The Student Room Group

If I get 69.6% as my final university grade, does it get rounded to a 1st?

Or would that be a 2:i?
2:2 tbh.
Depends on if the majority of your grades are above 70%.
Reply 3
short answer is it depends on the university policy
Reply 4
i'd imagine.... no
Reply 5
Depends on uni policy, usually no, but you should be given a viva (interview) to decide.
If that was my uni, you'd get the first because it's over the . 5
Reply 7
Haha 69. :teehee:
Reply 8
Many universities have a system where anyone within 2% of a grade boundary would be offered a viva to decide whether they should be pushed up or not. But as others have said, depends entirely on the university policy.
Reply 9
remember andrew from big brother?
Generally depends on past performance. E.g. if x/x scores were 70%+ then they will be willing to round it.

A score that close to 70 would probably be rounded regardless.

Look in your course handbook.
I got 59.something and I got rounded up. This might be cus my third year total was above 60, most of my work was but I had a bad exam and because my tutors knew I was 2.1 level? I'm not sure exactly I was just happy that it happened. Hopefully it will happen to you otherwise it would be annoying but having a high 2.1 is still better than a low 2.1.
Reply 12
I know someone who got 69.9, and no it didn't. I would be gutted! Apparently though, at my uni if you have good attendance they consider it. I don't know how true that is through, my tutor might have just wanted us to go to her classes haha.
My department has a panel to decide whether or not to bump people's marks up, firstly they look at a portfolio of your assignments to see if they can give you an extra mark or two, then if that didn't work they'd look at your individual results, attendance record etc. and decide whether or not to bump you up regardless.
Reply 14
Original post by Broderss
remember andrew from big brother?

that's the first thing that went through my mind! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending