The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official 'I'm firming Leicester 2011' thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
What's the situation with accommodation? When can we apply? And is it first come first served?? x
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by xxamixx31
What's the situation with accommodation? When can we apply? And is it first come first served?? x

I finally firmed today and as I've been stalking the accom. site for a while ,I noticed it said it was opened today. Then it wouldn't let me register lol..so I rang them up and found out it's actually open to new students 1st of March :biggrin:.
And yeah its 1st come, 1st served. Where do you wanna stay?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Wilzyy
I finally firmed today and as I've been stalking the accom. site for a while ,I noticed it said it was opened today. Then it wouldn't let me register lol..so I rang them up and found out it's actually open to new students 1st of March :biggrin:.

So, I have an unconditional offer. I can apply from March 1st?
Reply 83
Original post by Wilzyy

Ahh been trying to find out a date for quite a while now. :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by grape:)
So, I have an unconditional offer. I can apply from March 1st?

Yup, I guess.You're also a new student :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by ishlarr

Damnit, am I ****ing up my chances of getting my first choice by announcing it to TSR? Lool, I'll be on that site at midnight ^^.
Reply 86
Original post by Wilzyy
Damnit, am I ****ing up my chances of getting my first choice by announcing it to TSR? Lool, I'll be on that site at midnight ^^.

Lol. Depends if your choice is the same as everyone elses really.
And yeap that's the way to do it.
Reply 87
Original post by ishlarr

Original post by Wilzyy
Yup, I guess.You're also a new student :smile:

Awesome :smile:

What do you make of this: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/faqs/deposits ??

Do non-international undergrads not have to pay a deposit? Confusing...
If there is a deposit, does anyone know how much it is?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 88
Awesome :smile:

What do you make of this: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/faqs/deposits ??

Do non-international undergrads not have to pay a deposit? Confusing...
If there is a deposit, does anyone know how much it is?

Cheers :smile:

I don't think we do and i'm glad aswell i could do alot elsewhere with £250 lol.
Reply 89
Original post by ishlarr
Lol. Depends if your choice is the same as everyone elses really.
And yeap that's the way to do it.

Lol, true. So what's your first choice then?
Reply 90
Original post by Wilzyy
Lol, true. So what's your first choice then?

Probably John Fosters. How about you?
Reply 91
Original post by ishlarr
Probably John Fosters. How about you?

I have a feeling JoFo's is gonna be really popular. I'm stuck between GMS and JoFo.
(I learnt the slang JoFo from Tsr, I feel cool :cool: )
Reply 92
Original post by Wilzyy
I have a feeling JoFo's is gonna be really popular. I'm stuck between GMS and JoFo.
(I learnt the slang JoFo from Tsr, I feel cool :cool: )

haha :smile: Yeah i think its going to be quite popular, i've decided i want to go self catered rather than catered. Brushing up on my cooking skills before i leave home lol.
Reply 93
Original post by ishlarr
haha :smile: Yeah i think its going to be quite popular, i've decided i want to go self catered rather than catered. Brushing up on my cooking skills before i leave home lol.

Yeah same here,that added freedom.
But I'm already an awesome cook so I'm fine hehe. Just brush up on your pasta skills lol-quickest easiest meals and lots of variety!
Reply 94
How do you get your student ID too?And thankyou!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking JoFo but it's extremely unlikely I'll get in as EVERYONE wants to be there!!! xx
Reply 95
How do you get your student ID too?And thankyou!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking JoFo but it's extremely unlikely I'll get in as EVERYONE wants to be there!!! xx

I want to know how to get my student ID also!
Reply 96

I want to know how to get my student ID also!

Student ID numbers on your offer letter - under your UCAS ID :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by ishlarr

Hmm, I only accepted my offer a few days agoand they haven't sent me a letter about that yet. But my UCAS ID is apparently different to my Leicester one?! Because it wouldn't let me register yesterday :/
Although that might be because they didn't hear from UCAS straight away that I firmed their offer? x Thanks!!!
Reply 98

Your actual student ID, as in your student card, you don't get until registration week ie. your first week there!
Reply 99
Original post by L3ann3
Your actual student ID, as in your student card, you don't get until registration week ie. your first week there!

Hmm, I only accepted my offer a few days agoand they haven't sent me a letter about that yet. But my UCAS ID is apparently different to my Leicester one?! Because it wouldn't let me register yesterday :/
Although that might be because they didn't hear from UCAS straight away that I firmed their offer? x Thanks!!!

Original post by ishlarr

Hey :smile:

I actually phoned today and they explained that we will receive a personalised email with our ID's when the accommodations app opens :smile:

x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending