The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official 'I'm firming Leicester 2011' thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by alienshex
I am also applying for psych!! :biggrin:

Awesome, congrats :smile: Any thoughts on accommodation?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by grape:)
wooo me too :party:

Original post by alienshex
I am also applying for psych!! :biggrin:

AWESOME!!! :biggrin: what accommodation are you looking at?? :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 142
Original post by omnom515
AWESOME!!! :biggrin: what accommodation are you looking at?? :redface:

Probably JoFo (hopefully self catered houses). Second would be GMS self catered. But I really can't decide between the two.
Reply 143
I`ve got an unconditional offer for DMU B.A. Int. Relations and Politics;-) don`t know still which hall I`ll choose. Any opinions? Something for international student, just for 3rd year.
Reply 144
Original post by krii
I`ve got an unconditional offer for DMU B.A. Int. Relations and Politics;-) don`t know still which hall I`ll choose. Any opinions? Something for international student, just for 3rd year.

Preferably one on the DMU campus and not at the University of Leicester; we have standards to maintain.
Hey guys I firmed Leicester and was wandering when we can start applying for accommodation? + anyone else studying criminology?

:smile: xx
Reply 146
Original post by AmyAmy0913
Hey guys I firmed Leicester and was wandering when we can start applying for accommodation? + anyone else studying criminology?

:smile: xx

Heya, accommodation opens next Tuesday, and you will get the information on how to do it just before. I'm not doing Criminology, but I have an awesome friend who'll be doing it there :smile:
Probably JoFo (hopefully self catered houses). Second would be GMS self catered. But I really can't decide between the two.

hahaa omg me too! XD I'm probably going catered for the first year though :tongue: jofo looks reeeaally nice but I don't know if it's worth the extra money.. :/ also gms is supposed to be the more 'sociable' of the 2..bahh dilemmas! >.< what made you go for gms/jofo? :smile:
Reply 148
hahaa omg me too! XD I'm probably going catered for the first year though :tongue: jofo looks reeeaally nice but I don't know if it's worth the extra money.. :/ also gms is supposed to be the more 'sociable' of the 2..bahh dilemmas! &gt;.&lt; what made you go for gms/jofo? :smile:

It was really a process of elimination for me, it just ended up being what I needed, especially since I really need to get self catered! I couldn't be catered, because of the distance to my home, and the fact that I like my own food!
It was really a process of elimination for me, it just ended up being what I needed, especially since I really need to get self catered! I couldn't be catered, because of the distance to my home, and the fact that I like my own food!

ahh ok cool :smile: see i cant cook hahaa so i figured catered would be the best option for me :P do you have any preference between the 2 halls?
Reply 150
ahh ok cool :smile: see i cant cook hahaa so i figured catered would be the best option for me :P do you have any preference between the 2 halls?

Then uni will be a great opportunity to learn how to cook! But in terms of preference, I'm probably leaning a bit more towards JoFo, but some days I wake up wanting GMS, I'm so confused XD
Reply 151
Firmed for Economics! :biggrin::w00t:

[QUOTE=grape[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];30190695]Heya, accommodation opens next Tuesday, and you will get the information on how to do it just before. I'm not doing Criminology, but I have an awesome friend who'll be doing it there :smile:

Oooo thats good, how do you know its defo opening tuesday? :smile: Wicked I thought I would be the only person doing it hahaha!

What accommodation you applying for? x
Reply 153
Oooo thats good, how do you know its defo opening tuesday? :smile: Wicked I thought I would be the only person doing it hahaha!

What accommodation you applying for? x

I phoned them. But yeh, you're definitely not the only one! I'll be applying for either Self Catered JoFo or GMS as a first choice. :smile: Yourself?
x

[QUOTE=grape[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];30203161]I phoned them. But yeh, you're definitely not the only one! I'll be applying for either Self Catered JoFo or GMS as a first choice. :smile: Yourself?
x

Sameee! Im gunna put down self catered GMS bowder court as my first choice as its more social appaz and then JoFo as my 2nd :smile:

Will we get the information we need to apply through tomorrow then? Like our student ID and stuff? :P x
Reply 155
Sameee! Im gunna put down self catered GMS bowder court as my first choice as its more social appaz and then JoFo as my 2nd :smile:

Will we get the information we need to apply through tomorrow then? Like our student ID and stuff? :P x

Cool :smile: and yup (well that's what I was told by phone!) x

[QUOTE=grape[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];30204277]Cool :smile: and yup (well that's what I was told by phone!) x

Ooooh good stuff! I hope I do get all the info I need tomorrow, I wanna be first in so I get the accommodation I want :P

What you studying at leicester anyways? x
Reply 157
Ooooh good stuff! I hope I do get all the info I need tomorrow, I wanna be first in so I get the accommodation I want :P

What you studying at leicester anyways? x

Haha, I want to apply super quick and on time too... like a ninja XD :ninja: I want my first choice! (whatever it turns out to be!)

I've got an unconditional for Psychology :party: do you see yourself getting the grades easily, or is it a risk you're taking? :smile: x

[QUOTE=grape[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];30204882]Haha, I want to apply super quick and on time too... like a ninja XD :ninja: I want my first choice! (whatever it turns out to be!)

I've got an unconditional for Psychology :party: do you see yourself getting the grades easily, or is it a risk you're taking? :smile: x

Same im gunna get up early on tuesday morning to apply if they do open that day :smile: do you know if like previous people who have applied for accommodation got their first choice?

Well done ;D and I think I can get them, my tutors seem to think so, so thats good :smile: Im doing a BTEC so its a bit different to standard A-Levels cuz I need 1 distinction and 2 merits but ill think Ill get it :smile:

I cant wait for uni haha! x
Reply 159
Same im gunna get up early on tuesday morning to apply if they do open that day :smile: do you know if like previous people who have applied for accommodation got their first choice?

Well done ;D and I think I can get them, my tutors seem to think so, so thats good :smile: Im doing a BTEC so its a bit different to standard A-Levels cuz I need 1 distinction and 2 merits but ill think Ill get it :smile:

I cant wait for uni haha! x

I have no idea about previous people getting their first choices... but fingers crossed for us! I'll probably get up early too :smile: And thanks for the well done :smile: Best of luck with your BTEC! :party:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending