The Student Room Group

Good psychology unis for ACC predictions -in the north!

HELP- URGENTLY. I am rethinking my plans here and only have a couple of days to do it in!

Basically my predictions of ACC are lower than anticipated. I have applied for psychology at Bangor, Chester, Lincoln and Sheffield Hallam. I'm wondering whether I might be doing myself down by not applying for 1 or 2 unis with slightly higher requirements than my predictions allow. Who knows I may get top results in the Jan 06 modules then I'll be kicking myself!

I've been through all my prospectus' again and now I'm totally confused!! I would be looking mainly at unis from the Midlands northwards but would of course consider others.

Can anyone give me ANY advice? Worrying myself stupid here 'cos I'm not sure what to do for the best!!

Thanks
Col
Reply 1
You could put another uni down with slightly higher requirements....but come to Bangor!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 2
sexysax
You could put another uni down with slightly higher requirements....but come to Bangor!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Bangor is still my number one choice and that's really where I want to be. but now I'm starting to think perhaps I should have put a couple of unis with higher requirements rather than just played safe! Bangor has to be one one of the top psychology courses so I would be happy with it and having spoken to an admissions tutor at open day I'm fairly certain I'll get an offer! I'm just trying to think ahead but confusing myself into the bargain! :juggle:

Perhaps I could put another one down and just see what happens! LOL :smile:

I do wish there wasn't so much waiting....too much time to think :eek:
Gotta go, little bro wants computer..aargh!

Thanks sexysax xx
Reply 3
When I was applying I chose two universities slightly below my predicted grades, two around them, and two a little above them. I've just started at one of the universities slightly above my predicted grades, whilst only actually achieving my predicted grades. In my experience, it's certainly worth being optimistic!
Goldsmiths ask for BBC..City asks for BBB...Applied Psychology @ Durham is BBB/BBC..er Glasgow is BBC/BBB...Edinburgh is BBB...try one of them.
Reply 5
Scottish unis in general don't really offer anything higher than BBB for psychology. :smile:

Edit: I think Stirling is around BBC/BCC for psych and is a very nice uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending