The Student Room Group

S1 or M1 ? Toughest

Well the thing is i am resitting S1 and decided to sit M1, I study physics so i understanding M1 quite easily, but also my degree choice is economics which also means i finds S1 equally as tough as M1 but more enjoyable.

What module do you guys find easier ???:rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

M1 by a country mile
Reply 2
I got a higher grade in M1, but I thought S1 was easier. I think it's because I didn't revise properly for S1 because I just thought "well, stats isn't going to be too hard" and gave up.
M1 is far easier especially if you do Physics. Infact the majority of M1 is on the AS Physics syllabus.
Reply 4
Loved s1.. And hated m1 with a passion
Reply 5
Original post by I_am_the_eggman
M1 is far easier especially if you do Physics. Infact the majority of M1 is on the AS Physics syllabus.

Exactly, but S1 looks so much straight foward now i,m revising it.

Will know what one is easier, after my januaryy massacre ! :colone:
Reply 6
It's down to your personal taste really.

I think S1 might have been slightly 'tougher', but I did M2 before I did M1 so M1 was just ridiculously easy, though M2 is ridiculously more difficult than S2 (in my opinion).

About your degree - I don't think it'd matter that much, I presume they start the degree knowing people are on different statistical levels, and start from the bottom. Of course, S1 may give you a slight headstart - I have no idea about economic degrees though.
Found M1 quite difficult but S1 fairly straightforward. You should be absolutely fine with M1 though cos you do physics.
Original post by the_prodigy

My massacre is going to put Sharpeville 2 shame SNM :colone:
I never did M1, but S1 was piss.
Reply 10
Original post by the_prodigy

7 EXAMS= 700/700 SNM! JANUARY=NUKED.........U AINT GNNA MERK ****!!!! ME N EXTRICATED R THE ONLY ONEZ THT GNNA DO THE MASSACRE AND UR THE VICTIM!!! SNM

RIP the_prodigy :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
Reply 11
Original post by sparkjolt
I got a higher grade in M1, but I thought S1 was easier. I think it's because I didn't revise properly for S1 because I just thought "well, stats isn't going to be too hard" and gave up.

This :rolleyes:
Reply 12
S1 is a complete joke
Reply 13
Original post by Rahul.S
7 EXAMS= 700/700 SNM! JANUARY=NUKED.........U AINT GNNA MERK ****!!!! ME N EXTRICATED R THE ONLY ONEZ THT GNNA DO THE MASSACRE AND UR THE VICTIM!!! SNM

RIP the_prodigy :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

only 7 exams pfftt...

13/13 150/130 :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:granted 5 of them are resits, but dont disrespect Rahul, your the victims bitch:colone::colone:
Reply 14
s1 is ten times easier than m1
Reply 15
Original post by Ben77mc
s1 is ten times easier than m1

agree!!!!
There is nothing to S1, but if you find it inexorably boring as I do, you will probably find yourself with a higher score in M1.
Reply 17
I found parts of S1 annoying, but after enough practice weren't too bad.

M1 was quite hard in parts the first time around, but that's because when studying M1 you don't have a "mechanical" mind like you do when doing M2.
Although I did physics I found M1 bloody difficult. I could never get my head around it, and even now if you put an M1 paper in front of me, I promise you with no doubt that I still wouldn't be able to do it. :h:

S1, on the other hand, was fairly straightforward.
M1 for me is harder, I guess I'm more suited to economics than engineering:sad:

But the difference is only slight, I think i might just about edge it at S1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending