The Student Room Group

Wearing this to a house party?

Wearing this to a party on Friday:

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/men/casualwear/23/5?extra=sch&n=men&pid=720-754#LID=01_01_06

along with a black tie, jeans and brown shoes :smile: what do you think? Xx

EDIT: most of you are idiots - the event is quite a formal party and the tie goes with the shirt, it's a natural combination. you ***** on TSR have no dress sense.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

ditch the tie
Reply 2
Great :smile:
Reply 3
Don't wear a tie.
not the tie. Nice top too
I agree, a black tie is too formal for a house party. Without is just about right :smile:
Reply 7
Don't wear a tie.
Reply 8
I think you dress like an OAP
black tie and brown shoes.... hmmm
Not sure on that.

Bit formal for a house party. Just ditch the tie.
Original post by a_t
I think you dress like an OAP

I agree.
Reply 11
no tie or brown shoes. it is formal for a house party too but if thats the look then fair play
Reply 12
Original post by alibobs
no tie or brown shoes. it is formal for a house party too but if thats the look then fair play

This! Brown shoes are a no no imo. Also tie doesn't really seem event appropriate :s-smilie:
You dress up to go to a house party??
Reply 14
Original post by Arturo Bandini
You dress up to go to a house party??

Yeah, it's a bit more of a formal house party! and I think the look is fine - the black tie goes with the shirt and the brown shoes look sweet, brand new.
Reply 15
Original post by Part A
Yeah, it's a bit more of a formal house party! and I think the look is fine - the black tie goes with the shirt and the brown shoes look sweet, brand new.

it's fine if you wanna blend in with the wallpaper
Reply 16
Looks alright. Quite formal although a tie is abit OTT.
I have this in red with dark grey shirt insert. It is quite formal, but I wear it with jeans so it looks more casual formal. Everyone says it's really nice, and if you've been working out a lot like i have, then it'll really show those ripped muscles:biggrin:

EDIT: If it's shirt insert, then you can't wear a tie with it, because the part of the shirt that shows is sowed (spelling) onto the collar.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by DaveSmith99
Wear a tie if you want to look like a penis.

Wear that if you want to look even more like a penis.

pah!
you know nothing....

Quick Reply

Latest