The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Anyone slept in the IC ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by apassingfeeling
I lose all motivation and discipline when I'm at home! I'm always like 'oh, I'll just see what's on TV for fiiiiive minutes...' and then before I know it i've wasted an hour and done nothing :frown:

Exactly what I'm doing at the moment, Oh I'll just check TSR and FB for 2 mins....an hour passes by. Wtf?!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by bigmo7
Exactly what I'm doing at the moment, Oh I'll just check TSR and FB for 2 mins....an hour passes by. Wtf?!

The internet is the worst thing ever when you're trying to work. I can't have my laptop with me when I'm writing an essay or revising, if I have to type something up I always end up on Twitter or Facebook :frown:
I've worked quite well today, but only because I went to the IC at 8am, am sitting in the quiet area and have made myself a timetable of what I'll be working on and when. :getmecoat:
Reply 42
Original post by apassingfeeling
The internet is the worst thing ever when you're trying to work. I can't have my laptop with me when I'm writing an essay or revising, if I have to type something up I always end up on Twitter or Facebook :frown:
I've worked quite well today, but only because I went to the IC at 8am, am sitting in the quiet area and have made myself a timetable of what I'll be working on and when. :getmecoat:

I find that helps waste more time when I cba to revise :mmm:

I try to go online just to use MOLE but half the time I get distracted by something or other and waste hours :sigh: It's terrible...I'm glad I've only got 2 exams this month though.
Original post by bigmo7
I find that helps waste more time when I cba to revise :mmm:

I try to go online just to use MOLE but half the time I get distracted by something or other and waste hours :sigh: It's terrible...I'm glad I've only got 2 exams this month though.

I stuck to it quite well from 9-12, then I got hungry, and now I'm too tired to concentrate. Bah! I always do that with MOLE too, I go online to check something on there, open up all sorts of other websites and then I remember I'm meant to be doing work, but I can't remember what it was I wanted to check...
I'm going to arrange a sponsored IC sleepover, see who can spend the longest sleepign in the IC without going home (lectures are allowed of course).
Any ideas how we could get away with it? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending