The Student Room Group

Surrey a good uni to get a Politics degree from?

Its likely ill be going to Surrey to study Politics, i was curious what people thought about the Uni for Politics. Ive looked at the course structure and it appeals to me, i plan on doing a masters in Politics or International Relations at a top uni after graduating. Will i be able to go on to do a masters with a pol degree from surrey?
Depends what you mean by good. Do you mean reputation-league-tables good? Or student-life good? I haven't applied to Surrey myself, but a girl in my Politics class applied there, and she said the course was great, just what she was looking for, modules and course structures. However, she did say the area was nice, but on the open day some second years said to her that living out will be pricey because Surrey is an affluent area, a lot of London commuters, so you might want to bear that in mind if you want to plan ahead.

Of course you will go to a good uni for Masters, provided you get a decent degree class, enough to get you funding because they can be pretty expensive. I remember one TSR-er saying that people make up doing their Bachelor degree at a 'crap' uni by getting a First or 2.1 and going on to do their Masters at Oxbridge, the high ranking colleges of the University of London and the like.

Hope that kinda put your mind at ease, although you might be better off getting in touch with a current Surrey student since my information is based on what a friend told me after the open day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending