The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
no :smile:
but I might try to reason with you to show the inconsistencies of your beliefs
Reply 41
Original post by TheSownRose
Not for being Muslim, but for being stupid enough to make this thread.

This was first thing I thought when I saw the title.

Didn't even need to read OP. :colonhash:
Original post by edd360
The world and society.

the world does not find problems in anything, being a landmass. Society encompasses religion.
Reply 43
Im a muslim and i think this is a stupid thread and i hate you for it. :smile:

Just close the thread!
Original post by #Funky
I'm not a troll. But why do you hate Islam?

You must surely have a pretty decent idea of why western civilisations aren't particularly fond of it.

Unless you live under a rock and actual have no bloody clue about the happenings of the last decade or so, in which case you are excused.
Reply 45
Original post by KingofSpades
the world does not find problems in anything, being a landmass. Society encompasses religion.

Okay Mr. Pedantic.
Original post by edd360
I'm not the guy you quoted, but I too also hate Islam. Don't take it too personally, I hate Christianity as well, and pretty much all religions. Religions cause people to act in stupid ways, and the whole reason religion exists is quite frankly stupid.

We know very little about the universe, so religion was created as a concept to be the easy answer. "God did it", that doesn't require any explanation which conforms to our logic system. To me it seems silly to discredit what we do know in order to help answer what we don't know. Religious people generally don't think for themselves (the fact that they are religious is evidence enough for this). Find me 1 religious person who follows that religion after studying and researching different ones, including atheism, and decided that it was the most logical choice. Yes there will be a select handful, but especially with Islam most people are only religious because they were born into an religious family (eg: an islamic family), and essentially forced to practice Islam (which imo is morally wrong, and if a religion teaches this, it's just another reason why I hate it).

It is impossible to tell, but without religion the world would most likely be a better place, no war, less subjective laws, less power hungry people, less stupid acts caused in the name of religion, less violence (race riots etc), and people would live happier lives. Ironic isn't it.

Sadly, yes it is ironic. If people didn't twist the original religion (Islam) into other things then this would not have happened. You can disagree that this was the original religion, but that's a different debate, but I will say that I have considered athiesm and it just doesn't tick the boxes; your idea of religion being created because people didn't know a lot about the universe isn't very good. Have you studied other religions before deciding on athiesm, or have you just gone by what the media says? Because I've studied them, and Islam is the right one.

I agree with you when you say bad that people are forced into religions, but that's the duty of the parents. However, yes there is a certain point where the child has to decide for themselves. This point came for me, and I did consider other possibilities. I read the bible, talked to christian friends who couldn't hold up an argument against me, and the same occured for the other religions. Like I said, Islam being the right religion or not is a different debate, and I don't want to hijack :biggrin: so I'll leave it at that.

In answer to the OP's question, no, but I think there will be that certain group of people who will because of what the media says about muslims. We're being put in the same group as the extremists, and its really annoying. Also, for some reason I have found that some "Muslims" don't help the cause, like burning poppies in the middle of the silence and everything, and I really really have a strong dislike for those kinds of people; the current view of Islam is bad enough because of terrorists, we don't need dickheads, who claim to be Muslims, trying to start a burning poppies movement in London and giving the gracious people a bad name. I find it really sad how for some people, Religion isn't something they can discuss peacefully, and it always comes to violence and vulgarism :frown:
yh coz u ate my cookies tht i was saving 4 snack time

:cookie:
Original post by sillyrodent

Deyyy Took our Jeeeeeerbz
I'm not a Moslem, why do you hate me?
Why do you think you're superior because you're a Moslem? I believe Moslems believe the Korun is the word of God.

Ye (Muslims) are the best of peoples evolved for mankind . . . (Surah 3:110)

Why can't you be friends with a non Moslem?

O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is one of them . . .(Surah 5:51).
Reply 50
Original post by A level Az
Sadly, yes it is ironic. If people didn't twist the original religion (Islam) into other things then this would not have happened. You can disagree that this was the original religion, but that's a different debate, but I will say that I have considered athiesm and it just doesn't tick the boxes; your idea of religion being created because people didn't know a lot about the universe isn't very good. Have you studied other religions before deciding on athiesm, or have you just gone by what the media says? Because I've studied them, and Islam is the right one.

I agree with you when you say bad that people are forced into religions, but that's the duty of the parents. However, yes there is a certain point where the child has to decide for themselves. This point came for me, and I did consider other possibilities. I read the bible, talked to christian friends who couldn't hold up an argument against me, and the same occured for the other religions. Like I said, Islam being the right religion or not is a different debate, and I don't want to hijack :biggrin: so I'll leave it at that.

Well, maybe a different world would have been better. I'm not disagreeing about it being the original religion, that is irrelevant to me, and I don't really see why it should be considered a bonus for Muslims, but as you said that is a different debate. What do you mean my idea of religion being created isn't very good? It is a lot more logical then the reason a follower would give, with sounder reasoning behind it.

Also, atheism isn't a religion. You are either religious, or you aren't. It's not like there's islam, christianity, athiesm, buddism etc, theres religion and then atheism. I hate how many people assume one should be religious, and kind of expect justification when I say I'm an atheist. It's like me saying to someone "What games console do you own?" and them replying that they don't have one, and me questioning why, asking if they researched all the consoles before deciding not to get one. If you follow a religion, you should justify why, I shouldn't have to justify why I don't follow one. This is just my personal opinion, and not a personal attack on you, just in case you take it that way =]
I dont hate islam, but think I might hate you.
Reply 52
Original post by #Funky
I'm Muslim, do you hate me? If so, why?

No; I have no reason to hate you.

But I disagree with the fundamental basis of your religion, and the way it seems to be taught.

However, I'm sure you are a very nice person to know, and am happy to extend my friendship to anyone.
Reply 53
Original post by #Funky
I'm Muslim, do you hate me? If so, why?

Do you pervert your religion so that you can justify launching terrorist attacks on innocent civilians? If not then no I do not hate you.
Reply 54
i think you've done more harm than good to yourself from making this thread.

i can only speak for myself, but i dont hate islam and im not sure many people on TSR do, i respect all religions as we were taught to do that by my school

um.... have a nice day :smile:
Original post by edd360
Well, maybe a different world would have been better. I'm not disagreeing about it being the original religion, that is irrelevant to me, and I don't really see why it should be considered a bonus for Muslims, but as you said that is a different debate. What do you mean my idea of religion being created isn't very good? It is a lot more logical then the reason a follower would give, with sounder reasoning behind it.

Also, atheism isn't a religion. You are either religious, or you aren't. It's not like there's islam, christianity, athiesm, buddism etc, theres religion and then atheism. I hate how many people assume one should be religious, and kind of expect justification when I say I'm an atheist. It's like me saying to someone "What games console do you own?" and them replying that they don't have one, and me questioning why, asking if they researched all the consoles before deciding not to get one. If you follow a religion, you should justify why, I shouldn't have to justify why I don't follow one. This is just my personal opinion, and not a personal attack on you, just in case you take it that way =]

I just think if you read into it a bit more, you'd consider/realise that it isn't just a made up story, and therefore, you would not be so dismissive of religion. Maybe the bad thing about religion is you have to care enough to spend the time looking at the different religions, and figure out why this one is wrong, why the next one is maybe right, until you find the one which makes sense. Then you go even further, and try to pick out every bit you can until you can be sure its acceptable, before fully devoting yourself to it. Many people believing in religion don't take this route, but in a way it is one of the only ways to actually commit yourself to a religion, otherwise there will always be doubt in your mind. People can teach you things, but ultimately, its all biased when it comes down to religion.

Doubt also leads to arguments, where people are not sure what they believe in, and eventually war, where people believe that flying a plane into the "non-believers" will grant them a place in heaven, or bombing catholics/protestants is the right way to express their religion. Infact, if they really believed in their religion, it actually guarentees them one of the deepest slots in hell, and all religions will teach this.

I was under the impression that athiesm was the belief that God doesn't exist, so its a belief, so its a religion in a sense, isn't it? It's just that it consists of doing whatever you want for the rest of your life, so there isn't really much to it to be considered a religion.

And I don't take it as an attack, and hope you don't either :biggrin:
Original post by A level Az
I just think if you read into it a bit more, you'd consider/realise that it isn't just a made up story, and therefore, you would not be so dismissive of religion. Maybe the bad thing about religion is you have to care enough to spend the time looking at the different religions, and figure out why this one is wrong, why the next one is maybe right, until you find the one which makes sense. Then you go even further, and try to pick out every bit you can until you can be sure its acceptable, before fully devoting yourself to it. Many people believing in religion don't take this route, but in a way it is one of the only ways to actually commit yourself to a religion, otherwise there will always be doubt in your mind. People can teach you things, but ultimately, its all biased when it comes down to religion.

Doubt also leads to arguments, where people are not sure what they believe in, and eventually war, where people believe that flying a plane into the "non-believers" will grant them a place in heaven, or bombing catholics/protestants is the right way to express their religion. Infact, if they really believed in their religion, it actually guarentees them one of the deepest slots in hell, and all religions will teach this.

I was under the impression that athiesm was the belief that God doesn't exist, so its a belief, so its a religion in a sense, isn't it? It's just that it consists of doing whatever you want for the rest of your life, so there isn't really much to it to be considered a religion.

And I don't take it as an attack, and hope you don't either :biggrin:

Stopped reading after that. It is a made up story.
7/7
Reply 59
Original post by SillyRodent

they took our jorbs!

Latest

Trending

Trending