The Student Room Group

....But some people are just ugly!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
It's quite annoying when people say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, fair enough it's quite true, but what's with people that give ugly people false hope, if they ask am I ugly, and they're ugly say it. Hate two-faced people, just be honest. Some people are just ugly, in the eye of everyone.

have to say I agree.
If someone is ugly they could go through their life blaming problems on the wrong things like saying someone doesn't like their personality or they are just unlucky.

The only thing is you could be a bit tactful about it and tell them in a jokey way to make it a bit less painful to hear.

You could ask a girl if she's got a pen and when she says yes, just say, well you'd better get back in it before the farmer realises you're gone to give her a subtle hint so she has time to adjust to the knowledge and to accept it.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
The fear of criticism - One of the 6 Basic Fears of mankind. I agree with the OP, though if someone said "am I ugly".. i'll just say what do you think? they'll reply "yes".. and i'll just say "if you believe you're ugly then you probably are". Can't get any more truthful than that.

Thank you. Everyone is making out I go around looking for ugly people, just to tell them they're ugly. Hmm.
it's so annoying that i cant negative reps to you.
there's a line between honesty and being rude.
you don't have to go on TV and scream

"Hey you're ugly.no matter what anyone says don't belive.lose all selfconfidence in yourself and never go in a relationship"

Unless they ask you for their opinion if they're beautiful to you which you can be honest at that point..then you don't have to say anything..JUST SHUT UP.
Original post by Menakshelatte
it's so annoying that i cant negative reps to you.
there's a line between honesty and being rude.
you don't have to go on TV and scream

"Hey you're ugly.no matter what anyone says don't belive.lose all selfconfidence in yourself and never go in a relationship"

Unless they ask you for their opinion if they're beautiful to you which you can be honest at that point..then you don't have to say anything..JUST SHUT UP.

[BOLD] - That's what the whole thread scenario is about, so I can happily dismiss everything you said in that second paragraph.

In response to what you first said :

I highly disagree. It's okay to call someone beautiful, yet the opposite of beautiful is ugly. Am I right? I am. So there's nothing wrong with the word. If they said however " Do you think I'm attractive " I would say " No, you're un-attractive ".... I have no need to use the term ugly. But if they ask me about their appearance in an ambiguous way, I'm going to elaborate and use the term I think is appropraite. If they was beautiful, I'd happily say " yes you're beautiful ".............
(edited 13 years ago)
[BOLD] - That's what the whole thread scenario is about, so I can happily dismiss everything you said in that second paragraph.

In response to what you first said :

I highly disagree. It's okay to call someone beautiful, yet the opposite of beautiful is ugly. Am I right? I am. So there's nothing wrong with the word. If they said however " Do you think I'm attractive " I would say " No, you're un-attractive ".... I have no need to use the term ugly. But if they ask me about their appearance in an ambiguous way, I'm going to elaborate and use the term I think is appropraite. If they was beautiful, I'd happily say " yes you're beautiful ".............

Yes there is something wrong with the word.it is considered rude and disrepectful therefore shoudn't be said.
Sorry,but due to my instincts i dont think your going to be patient enough to someone ask you in an ambigous way to be disrepctful to the..which isn't even right then.
and what is this..so full of yourself "than I think is appropriate"
no..it's what IS appropriate..you don't have to be so harsh about it.

Even if say there was 2 girls one beautiful one not,and you "Happily"
sayin 'you're beautiful' to one of them would shater the confidence of the other..

Saying you nice to a girl..NOT BEAUTIFUL..
isn't lying..it's being polite.
but I'm not ugly, so it's pointless. I'm talking about people that literally no-one will find good-looking. instead of lying to them, why not try fix the problem as much as you can rather than covering it up with lies?

I bet some people think you're ugly. But then an ugly personality can make even the physically prettiest person seem ugly.
Original post by hippieglitter
I bet some people think you're ugly. But then an ugly personality can make even the physically prettiest person seem ugly.

I agree with everything you just said :smile:

However it doesn't relate because I'm never going to ask someone if they think I'm ugly :P
It's called being nice/appropriate, its not just about physical appearance.
Personality counts too.
Say one girl is beautiful but with a bitchy attitude, will you still find her beautiful?
Reply 68
I, sadly, am proof of this... :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending