The Student Room Group

maths interviews at oxford

I will join the interview a few days later. So is there any information for St.Cath College? Or some pass papers. please tell me some good methods for interview
Reply 1
When I went, they gave the notoriously hard addition question.

"What is 4+4?"

I vividly remember sweating, trying hard to calculate the sum. Alas, it was too hard, and I did not receive a place. Don't make the mistake I did, assuming the questions would be easy. Be prepared!
Reply 2
I wouldn't be surprised if they even did multiplications... They're tough, those Oxonians.
Reply 3
Original post by INTJ
When I went, they gave the notoriously hard addition question.

"What is 4+4?"

I vividly remember sweating, trying hard to calculate the sum. Alas, it was too hard, and I did not receive a place. Don't make the mistake I did, assuming the questions would be easy. Be prepared!

thank u very much
Reply 4
Original post by INTJ
I wouldn't be surprised if they even did multiplications... They're tough, those Oxonians.

thank u very much
I think sometimes they also have some easy questions
Reply 5
Check out the wording of the job listing. Does the listing focus on working with a team? Does it focus more on specific abilities? Perhaps it calls for experience in particular areas? When a Recruiter writes a job listing for advertisement, they usually have a very good idea of what type of person they are looking for. By figuring out what type of person they want, and you will improve your chances.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Marinda
Check out the wording of the job listing. Does the listing focus on working with a team? Does it focus more on specific abilities? Perhaps it calls for experience in particular areas? When a Recruiter writes a job listing for advertisement, they usually have a very good idea of what type of person they are looking for. By figuring out what type of person they want, and you will improve your chances.

Homework help

thank u very much
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
brilliant replies...I hope you found these posts useful.
Reply 8
this is a weird ****ing thread
Original post by Pheylan
this is a weird ****ing thread

Precisely. :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest