The Student Room Group

Boyfriend has to see ex wife, should I be worried?

Basically my boyfriend recently went through a divorce . He has to meet his ex wife later this week to sort out the settlement of the house they used to share together. I've been up all night worrying cos I really don't like the idea of him meeting up with her. Am I being paranoid?

He said they are 'on speaking terms' i.e. not arguing down each others' throats, but that they will never see each other again after they've sorted out the the stuff with their old house.

I just don't the like thought of him being with another women while I'm not there :-( Am I being silly?

I don't want to confront him because I'll just look needy and jealous, n I don't want that.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wow someone has issues.

an ex is an ex for a reason. and people move on.

and yes you're being an insecure paranoid silly girl.

BUT has he given you reason to suspect

has he strayed before
Reply 2
Original post by aws
wow someone has issues.

an ex is an ex for a reason. and people move on.

and yes you're being an insecure paranoid silly girl.

BUT has he given you reason to suspect

has he strayed before

No he hasn't strayed before, but still. Wouldn't you feel a bit weird if your gf/bf had to meet up with an ex?
Original post by aws
has he strayed before

...well, there was this one time when he used to be married... :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by Stimulation
...well, there was this one time when he used to be married... :rolleyes:

He left her because they 'drifted apart' and no longer loved each other. He'd been with her for 18 years, which is a long time.
Original post by DeputyDog
He left her because they 'drifted apart' and no longer loved each other. He'd been with her for 18 years, which is a long time.

Indeed, they must have drifted extremely slowly...

If you want advice mine is simply: trying to stop him seeing her will most likely do more damage than just not reacting at all.
No he hasn't strayed before, but still. Wouldn't you feel a bit weird if your gf/bf had to meet up with an ex?

My gf is best friends with her most significant ex. Don't be so immature.
Original post by HistoryRepeating

Original post by HistoryRepeating
My gf is best friends with her most significant ex. Don't be so immature.

Don't you wonder sometimes?
Reply 8
If you don't trust him then you should end it now.
Reply 9

how old are you? how old is he?

how long you been together?
Reply 10
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Don't you wonder sometimes?

some people are secure?

Original post by aws
some people are secure?

I know, but even if you are secure, sometimes you just think of it even if you know it wont happen. Like sometimes we wonder how are we gonna die, or if were gonna get married etc.
they're meeting to settle things, not meeting for dinner. CHILL the eff out and trust him
or lose him!
Reply 13
Original post by kristinaalovesu
I know, but even if you are secure, sometimes you just think of it even if you know it wont happen. Like sometimes we wonder how are we gonna die, or if were gonna get married etc.

ok, you might wonder in that sense but not like OP in that you wonder and convince yourself

OMG A GIRL !!! omg his ex arghhh !!!
Reply 14
Original post by aws
how old are you? how old is he?

how long you been together?

I'm 17, bf is in his 40s. I fink his ex wife is about 39 or something, why?

N I DO trust him, just feels weird that he's gonna be with another woman while I'm not there I guess. Been together about 6 weeks now, but known him for over 6 months as he was/is my driving instructor.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
I'm 17, bf is in his 40s. I fink his ex wife is about 39 or something, why?

N I DO trust him, just feels weird that he's gonna be with another woman while I'm not there I guess.

what?

how did that happen? how did you meet?
and, don't you allow him to see his girl mates?

Original post by aws
ok, you might wonder in that sense but not like OP in that you wonder and convince yourself

OMG A GIRL !!! omg his ex arghhh !!!

Right haha
Reply 17
although high five to the guy for scoring 17 year old pussy at that age
Reply 18
Original post by aws
what?

how did that happen? how did you meet?
and, don't you allow him to see his girl mates?

Don't be so judgmental over the age gap. We got to fancy each other because we bonded during the driving lessons and our personalities just clicked. Girl mates?....I don't know if he has any, but if he does then I trust him, he hasn't mentioned anything.
Reply 19
Don't be so judgmental over the age gap. We got to fancy each other because we bonded during the driving lessons and our personalities just clicked. Girl mates?....I don't know if he has any, but if he does then I trust him, he hasn't mentioned anything.

ok age gap aside, as someone said, it's hardly a romantic weekend away

Quick Reply

Latest