The Student Room Group

Would you allow your children to be babysat by a black man?

SORRY THE THREAD TITLE IS WRONG. IT SHOULD SAY BLACK "PERSON", NOT BLACK "MAN".

I thought I'd put a spin on this last controversial thread about male babysitters. If so many people are quite happy to refuse a certain group of people (men) to be because they're statistically more likely than the rest of the population to be criminals, how do these same people feeling about allowing black people (both men and women) to babysit, given that they are statistically more likely to commit crimes?

(I appreciate many people are perhaps getting a bit fed up of the babysitter threads, so my sincere apologies if you feel this way. In advance, I'm sorry! :smile: )
(edited 13 years ago)
No because he'd probably steal my PS3 :rolleyes:

THAT WAS A JOKE! MAY NOT HAVE BEEN FUNNY BUT IT WAS TO ME.

Personally i would only let family or close friends babysit my children and they would have to be able to speak Punjabi. This is because i would want my children to only speak Punjabi at home and not English and thus they can develop their mother tongue. Also a lot of it has to do with trust.
As long as I trusted him yes. I would pretty much be happy letting anyone from any ethnic group watch my kids(s) as long as I trusted them to look after them well.
Reply 3
Well I can't be that good of a parent because I had no Idea that I had any kids... so I guess I'd have no problem with it .

I'd let anyone have a bash, be they white, black, man, woman or other. It'd be an experience for them... these imaginary children can't rely on me forever.
Why are there so many black threads on TSR?

Considering the fact my mother is black as are my grandparents and quite a few of my friends, and I would be more than happy to leave them with my child then my answer is yes. My priority would be how much I can trust them with my child.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
I would only leave my child with people I know. I have a few black female friends who actually have their own children (I don't) and seeing how good they are with their kids, I would have no problem in leaving them with mine. Colour doesn't come into it, it all depends on whether I know and trust the person.
Reply 6
Lol OP all you have to do is say biggie smalls three times in a mirror and the BLACK MAN will baby sit YOU!
No, i would not, because i absolutely hate and cannot stand kids. (you wondered what i was going to say there, go on, admit it)
Original post by innerhollow
SORRY THE THREAD TITLE IS WRONG. IT SHOULD SAY BLACK "PERSON", NOT BLACK "MAN".

I thought I'd put a spin on this last controversial thread about male babysitters. If so many people are quite happy to refuse a certain group of people (men) to be because they're statistically more likely than the rest of the population to be criminals, how do these same people feeling about allowing black people (both men and women) to babysit, given that they are statistically more likely to commit crimes?

(I appreciate many people are perhaps getting a bit fed up of the babysitter threads, so my sincere apologies if you feel this way. In advance, I'm sorry! :smile: )

if the black person doesn't act and talks like a gangster and is very well educated with good reputation and is well spoken then i don't have a problem
I would leave them with anyone that I trusted, and believed could look after my children. At the moment, I think the only people I would let look after my (imaginary) kids, would be my parents and my boyfriends parents, because they would be the only people I could trust well enough.
of course...

Spoiler

Reply 11
Depends if her fanny smelt of chicken
Reply 12
In the words of Michael Jackson, "But if you're thinking about my baby it don't matter if you're black or white."
Reply 13
I wouldn't let anyone that wasn't family/a relative (or practically family) to babysit my children. Doesn't matter what their skin colour is, a stranger is a stranger.
Reply 14
Well no, because I have no kids to be babysat! What am I expected to do, pay them money for staring at thin air?

If I ever did have kids (I have no intention of ever doing so, but that's a whole other matter) then why not? Skin colour should having to do with it. It's how much you trust the person.

Btw, Why are there so many threads on black people!?

Latest

Trending

Trending