The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inspiration91
Got it yet? :smile: Would be cool to know someone before I get there!

Unfortunately not yet - I just logged on and it still says 'submitted.'

Yeah it would be pretty sweet knowing someone nearby :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
:woo:
Just got an email - Nixon Court, block A :biggrin:
Just got my accommodation offer - for some reason didn't get Nixon?

I got my second choice: John Foster Self Catered

Was hoping to be close to campus, but I guess it's not too bad.
Original post by fallenangel

does it say which block in John Foster that you got?

When did you apply for halls? Your second choice happens to be my first choice :P
Original post by TheBlackMonster
does it say which block in John Foster that you got?

Yeah it did say mate, I'll log on and then pm you.

Original post by penguin610
When did you apply for halls? Your second choice happens to be my first choice :P

I applied on the 16th of March - and you? I am really happy with it, just wasn't really expecting it, since I thought I'd get Nixon.

I just noticed you're a medic fresher as well - nice to meet you :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)

I applied on the 16th of March - and you? I am really happy with it, just wasn't really expecting it, since I thought I'd get Nixon.

I just noticed you're a medic fresher as well - nice to meet you :wink:

Ohh okie dokes, i applied last week and was wondering how long it would take for them to get back to me as well. yeah buddaaayyyy, nice to meet you too! :biggrin: undergrad/postgrad?
Reply 367
Does anyone hold conditional offer to apply accommodation? if you don't hold unconditional offer you won't get the email from accommodation until you meet the conditions?:confused:
Original post by Gxy
Does anyone hold conditional offer to apply accommodation? if you don't hold unconditional offer you won't get the email from accommodation until you meet the conditions?:confused:

For conditional firm holders -i think you apply for accommodation and then the office sort of reserves you a 'conditional' room. It's a first come, first serve basis. So in August when you guys meet your offers, they tell you which room you've been allocated.

Hope that helps.
Reply 369
For conditional firm holders -i think you apply for accommodation and then the office sort of reserves you a 'conditional' room. It's a first come, first serve basis. So in August when you guys meet your offers, they tell you which room you've been allocated.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your warm response :smile:
I also hope what you said is true, otherwise it is hard to meet conditional offer holders' first choice because the room which they want to get will be allocated to unconditional offer holders.

BTW, nice to meet u! :smile:
Original post by Gxy
I also hope what you said is true, otherwise it is hard to meet conditional offer holders' first choice because the room which they want to get will be allocated to unconditional offer holders.

No worries - the accommodation office said it's a first come first serve basis, so conditional offer holders just have to apply as soon as possible and hope for the best. Have you sent your application off?

It's nice to meet you also :smile:
Reply 371
Original post by Gxy

Most people I know got their first choice and the vast majority were straight out of school.

Also, not going to be many unconditionals in your year, gap years probably looked a lot less appealing at 18k a go in extra fees...
Reply 372
No worries - the accommodation office said it's a first come first serve basis, so conditional offer holders just have to apply as soon as possible and hope for the best. Have you sent your application off?

It's nice to meet you also :smile:

yeah :smile: just sent my application last week, but now I dont get any reply meybe because of the Easter vacation. I also read the accommodation allocation policy, and the information in Uni website is not very clear. Fortunately I find this forums and get more information I need :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 373
Original post by roh
Most people I know got their first choice and the vast majority were straight out of school.

Also, not going to be many unconditionals in your year, gap years probably looked a lot less appealing at 18k a go in extra fees...

I also plan straight out of school when I'm sophomore..but this year I'm a international freshman (undergraduate)...and it will be the first time that I go to UK, so not be familiar with this country.For me, I think living school is the best choice in the freshman year :smile:
Reply 374
Original post by Gxy
I also plan straight out of school when I'm sophomore..but this year I'm a international freshman (undergraduate)...and it will be the first time that I go to UK, so not be familiar with this country.For me, I think living school is the best choice in the freshman year :smile:

I meant as in they're straight out of what you think of as High School.

If you use language that Americanised at uni expect some serious banter, so here's some tips.

School (UK)=High School (US)

Uni (UK)=School/College (US)

Fresher (UK)=Freshman (US). Please don't say Freshman, people will laugh at you.

Second Year (UK)=Sophomore (US). If you say Sophomore a lot of people won't know what you mean.

Hope this helps :smile: And it is indeed best to live in halls during first year in my opinion. PM if you want to know anything about Leicester.
(edited 11 years ago)
I got my accommodation through! JoFo, The Coppice, Floor 1, Flat 14!

I'm so excited!! :bl:

Anyone else in here? Would be good to get to know some folk before heading up there :smile:
Reply 376
Original post by roh
I meant as in they're straight out of what you think of as High School.

If you use language that Americanised at uni expect some serious banter, so here's some tips.

School (UK)=High School (US)

Uni (UK)=School/College (US)

Fresher (UK)=Freshman (US). Please don't say Freshman, people will laugh at you.

Second Year (UK)=Sophomore (US). If you say Sophomore a lot of people won't know what you mean.

Hope this helps :smile: And it is indeed best to live in halls during first year in my opinion. PM if you want to know anything about Leicester.

Sorry my poor English :colondollar:
In our country students study American English.Thanks your friendly help :smile: It is really really really helpful! :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Okay seriously so confused right now. Right, so offers for accommodation are being given out for conditional offer holders?
Original post by HannahGodfrey92
I got my accommodation through! JoFo, The Coppice, Floor 1, Flat 14!

I'm so excited!! :bl:

Anyone else in here? Would be good to get to know some folk before heading up there :smile:

Wheyyyy, I applied for John Foster too! :biggrin: have got no reply yet though :frown:
Reply 379
Original post by Manisha93
Okay seriously so confused right now. Right, so offers for accommodation are being given out for conditional offer holders?

No unconditional offer holders, ie. school class of 2011. If you're conditional, so doing your A levels in a couple of months, then you will hear about what accommodation you've got once you've confirmed your place (by meeting your offer conditions in August) and then get sent an accommodation offer soon afterwards. For a lot of people the accommodation offer, address etc. is when it all starts to seem real.

Quick Reply