University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by roh
Self catered single bedroom?

It's just behind the new quad and backs on to the Botanical Gardens which is nice. All girls and not many in there (6 maybe?) so creates a nice atmosphere not dissimilar to a house in second year (according to someone I know who lived there).

Ahh brilliant, thanks. Beaumont was my first choice so I'm pretty pleased.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Quick question.

For standard single, it says on the site: single room with no washbasin or small single room with washbasin.

Is there any way to know which you'll get or is it just luck :/
Reply 422
Original post by Davidragon
Quick question.

For standard single, it says on the site: single room with no washbasin or small single room with washbasin.

Is there any way to know which you'll get or is it just luck :/

Sounds like just pot luck, guessing they figure having the washbasin helps to compensate for the fact the room will be an absolute cupboard (and sauna in the case of the one in Beaumont above the laundrette) and you take your chances.

If you want the washbasin, and it is indeed handy for brushing your teeth and stuff, the extra 8 quid a week isn't too painful.
Reply 423
Does anyone know what date we will be moving in to the accommodation at Oadby this year?
Reply 424
Original post by hollly
Does anyone know what date we will be moving in to the accommodation at Oadby this year?

In my accommodation offer it says that the start date of the contract is September 30th so I guess that's the date! but I could be wrong..
Reply 425
Original post by DoNoHarm
In my accommodation offer it says that the start date of the contract is September 30th so I guess that's the date! but I could be wrong..

Ohh ok thanks :smile:
Reply 426
Original post by hollly

You move in at some point over the weekend prior to Freshers' (first Monday of October whenever that is this year).

It's staggered according to whether you're catered or self catered and your place in the alphabet so you'll get the exact day and time slot towards the end of August.
Reply 427
Original post by roh
You move in at some point over the weekend prior to Freshers' (first Monday of October whenever that is this year).

It's staggered according to whether you're catered or self catered and your place in the alphabet so you'll get the exact day and time slot towards the end of August.

So is it the nearer to the end of the alphabet your surname is, the later you will be moving in?
Reply 428
Original post by darko123
So is it the nearer to the end of the alphabet your surname is, the later you will be moving in?

That would seem logical but I seem to remember being one of the last to arrive with surname H and definitely first met a guy with the surname S who'd already moved stuff in, so I think it may be mixed up and just a way of grouping people (A-F, G-L, etc.)...

Either way it doesn't make much difference, all your block will move in on the same morning or afternoon (I think it was self catered Sat and catered Sun my year). It's simply to make the admin (collecting keys, paying key deposit, blah) run smoother and to stop Oadby, which isn't particularly well equipped to handle heavy traffic, from turning into a mini M25 for the day.
Reply 429
Original post by fishingforgerm
Hey!

I have an offer for nixon block G too! What will you be studying? I'll be studying law :smile:

Nice to meet you!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be studying in Finance management :smile:

Which flat you are? I'm in Nixon court block G Flr4 flat 10
Am I right in thinking that those of us who hold a conditional offer, don't get allocated a room until results day?
Reply 431
Original post by localfox1000
Am I right in thinking that those of us who hold a conditional offer, don't get allocated a room until results day?

Yeah, probably a couple of days later once they've got people who came through Clearing, Insurance etc. sorted out too.
Original post by roh
Yeah, probably a couple of days later once they've got people who came through Clearing, Insurance etc. sorted out too.

oh right. Thanks.
Anyone know (roughly) how many people there are in each flat in Nixon Court?
Original post by Gxy
Nice to meet you!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be studying in Finance management :smile:

Which flat you are? I'm in Nixon court block G Flr4 flat 10

Flr 1 flat 3 :smile:
Reply 435
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37358614']Anyone know (roughly) how many people there are in each flat in Nixon Court?

If you are in Nixon court block A B D E F maybe 5or6,even 10(maybe?) people in each flat, but if you are in block G H J K only 5 people in each flat
Original post by roh

Original post by localfox1000
oh right. Thanks.

People with conditional places, will get their accommodation allocated once the confirm they have met the offer, so for most August.
Reply 437
Original post by BeautifullySimple
People with conditional places, will get their accommodation allocated once the confirm they have met the offer, so for most August.

Have they actually managed to put a date on it this year?

Unusually specific by accommodation, they used to just confirm once they'd done it all.
Reply 438
Hello!
I will hopefully be a Leicester student this year (depending on my exam results) and I have applied for double rooms but apparently I will be going alone.
Would anyone share a room with me? My first choice of application was Salisbury houses and a double costs Ł140 so if you half that, it comes out pretty cheap.
I don't consider myself a messy person and I'm not loud :biggrin:
Send me a message if you're interested! It would be a great help for me.
Reply 439
Hello everyone, sorry if this question has already been asked. :smile:

For people holding a conditional offer, you won't know which hall, floor and flat you have been placed in until after results day?

Quick Reply