Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leicester accomodation

Announcements Posted on
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    I hope you all get the complete opposite of what you ask for.
    What's with the **** attitude? What has anyone here done to you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I made Leicester my firm choice today, but when can i actually apply for my accomodation?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilywoop)
    I made Leicester my firm choice today, but when can i actually apply for my accomodation?
    1st May

Congrats
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    1st May

Congrats
    Ohh cool, so thats quite late then, i thought it would be March or somthing :P And thank you!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohh cool, so thats quite late then, i thought it would be March or somthing :P And thank you!
    Sorry XD I meant the 1st of March. Sorry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry XD I meant the 1st of March. Sorry
    Oh gosh, lmao, good job i said. I went on the accomodation site, but it says to register i need a leicester ID or somthing? Do they send that to me?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, lmao, good job i said. I went on the accomodation site, but it says to register i need a leicester ID or somthing? Do they send that to me?
    I phoned them and they told me they'll send the information just before the deadline opens It is a good job you questioned it! haha Which subject have you firmed? x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I phoned them and they told me they'll send the information just before the deadline opens It is a good job you questioned it! haha Which subject have you firmed? x
    Physiotherapy. Although I'll be living and be taught at Leicester, I'm actually a Coventry student . Its a bit weird, but its better than living in Coventry
    What about you? I think i might ring up as well, as I havnt actually heard from Leicester yet, only Coventry
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Beaumont is also an excellent choice, especially in the catered part (old court).
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Physiotherapy. Although I'll be living and be taught at Leicester, I'm actually a Coventry student . Its a bit weird, but its better than living in Coventry
    What about you? I think i might ring up as well, as I havnt actually heard from Leicester yet, only Coventry
    That's so strange. So you're taught at Leicester and graded at Leicester, but get a Coventry degree? x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's so strange. So you're taught at Leicester and graded at Leicester, but get a Coventry degree? x
    Yep I do everything at Leicester, but I graduate at Coventry
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep I do everything at Leicester, but I graduate at Coventry
    So, so odd!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if first year undergrads are allowed to apply for 'city living' accommodation? I'm a 'mature' student if that makes any difference. I can't see the point in Oadby when it is a 45 min walk from campus. :-\
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me which accomodation is mixed and which isn't?
    Or will it tell me when I get the accomodation application?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    Does anyone know if first year undergrads are allowed to apply for 'city living' accommodation? I'm a 'mature' student if that makes any difference. I can't see the point in Oadby when it is a 45 min walk from campus. :-\
    I'm pretty sure you can apply wherever.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)

There's like these things called buses...a bike when weather permits.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeanzMeanzHeinzWard)
    There's like these things called buses...a bike when weather permits.
    Wow, mind blowing observation there, I had never thought of getting the bus............. honestly.......

I'm not paying 5k a year to live a 20min bus ride away from campus; what is the point, I might as well commute (1hr drive) and save some cash. (screw the environment)

Anyway, I have now spoken to them and it seems that I do qualify for city living.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    Wow, mind blowing observation there, I had never thought of getting the bus............. honestly.......

I'm not paying 5k a year to live a 20min bus ride away from campus; what is the point, I might as well commute (1hr drive) and save some cash. (screw the environment)

Anyway, I have now spoken to them and it seems that I do qualify for city living.

I have no idea where you get 20 mins from either, more like 10.

Screw the environment? Nice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've a most likely dumb question but..on the site the catered contracats are for 30 weeks total and the self catered for 39...can someone elaborate why there is such a difference?And also another question if I sign for a flat,is the whole fee displayed on the site payed by me or shared with other ppl etc.?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrs_17)
    Can anyone tell me which accommodation is mixed and which isn't?
    Or will it tell me when I get the accommodation application?
    You can chose to only be given same-sex accommodation in the extra details section.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 27, 2014
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.