Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Leicester accomodation

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)
    oh so do lectures start that week as well?
    Freshers starts on the 3rd October. The first week of Freshers you have no real lectures. Just introductory ones. Real lectures start on the second week of freshers.

(Original post by elziebelzie)
    on the leicester website it says that catered students can't have overnight guests - does anyone actually follow this rule? how strict is it?
    I was in catered in the first year and our sub-warden was ok about it. i guess it depend son the sub-warden but usually they are ok as long as your guest doesn't make a nuisance of themself or destroys anything.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I know this has probably been asked and answered before but what do you actually get for having catered accomadation? Is it worth it?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissoLuxe)
    I know this has probably been asked and answered before but what do you actually get for having catered accomadation? Is it worth it?
    I believe it is 2 meals a day. Breakfast and Dinner Monday to Friday. Brunch and Dinner on the weekends.

Overall one of my friends worked out that if he had gone (and still did) get all of his meals it would have meant that he paid 80p per meal.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    I believe it is 2 meals a day. Breakfast and Dinner Monday to Friday. Brunch and Dinner on the weekends.

Overall one of my friends worked out that if he had gone (and still did) get all of his meals it would have meant that he paid 80p per meal.
    Ahh right ok, thanks for that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for an ensuit self catered room, anyonw knoq where should I applying for the best social life/banging time. I never looked round the accomodation..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm going for ensuite self-catered aswell, my mate who's a Leicester 1st year now told me GMS is the most sociable hall so I'm putting that as 1st choice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who cares which is the most sociable hall right now..I've applied in JoFo and I say that this year my hall will be the most sociable..;P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    Who cares which is the most sociable hall right now..I've applied in JoFo and I say that this year my hall will be the most sociable..;P
    true, but what I mean is where is known for having a good bar/most people etc

tbh I'll probably put JF aswell, we can have a party :cheers:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone tell me if Leicester accommodation is on a first come first serve basis? Or do they basically pick it out of a hat (ballot)?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eva-joy)
    Could anyone tell me if Leicester accommodation is on a first come first serve basis? Or do they basically pick it out of a hat (ballot)?
    yeah they said it is. it opened in early march si get your application in asap!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Accomodation Policy

You should get it in, asap to try and guarentee yourself a room in the hall and type of room you want, however you are guarenteed accomodation providing you apply before September 1st, so you will have somewhere to live.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fancythat)
    true, but what I mean is where is known for having a good bar/most people etc

tbh I'll probably put JF aswell, we can have a party :cheers:
    Damn right we are having a party.. ;P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Phone them?I got mine that way ;P
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    Phone them?I got mine that way ;P
    Better yet I might go down there to the office lol as I'm in leicester now anyway..
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odacel)
    It might have been caught in your spam filter, have you tried to add accommodation@le.ac.uk to the safe-list?
    This is exactly what they said to me.I've added them to my email contacts and I have a search feature on my email and I've searched 'accomodation' in my entire email, including spam and it brings up any emails regarding accomodation and nothing..
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Am I correct in assuming that Leicester do not make accommodation offers until results are in or if you have an uncondiational offer?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    Am I correct in assuming that Leicester do not make accommodation offers until results are in or if you have an uncondiational offer?
    I think so. It said that in a document they sent me anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Correct.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Catered halls have to leave their accommodation over the small holidays, and self catered don't (hence the week difference). If you put down that you would like a flat, then that flat is payable by you only, as it is an individual flat. However, all rooms that aren't individual flats are arranged in traditional flat-like layouts anyway. It all depends if you would like your own specific flat I guess.

out of curiosity, when you say that catered halls have to vacate over small holidays, where do they go, usually?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radicalace)
    out of curiosity, when you say that catered halls have to vacate over small holidays, where do they go, usually?
    Home. You have to empty your room and take all your stuff back home with you or find a storage company for it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 6, 2014
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.