Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone know anything aboutMSc Finance @ HULT business school?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a MSc Finance, and ever since I sat my GMAT last month, they have been emailing and cold-calling (!) me to apply to their program. I dont know if the program is any good, and nor have i heard of the school before! So any views all all will be welcome!

Thanks in advance
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a top 30 MBA. And they have a very aggressive marketing approach. I've been personnally sent by mail a brochure of HULT without even knowing they existed :P

It's decent. But seems expensive.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to different masters in Finance too, and have also considered Hult. I did some research and found plenty of info on their MBA and Msc in International Business but nothing on the Msc Finance. I later found out that they are inaugurating it, and that's why you won't find much info or people to tell you about it.

That said, you can only base your decision on some pros and cons facts about the school:

PROs
    - It offers a top 30 MBA
    - It offers a very prestigious Masters in International Business
    - The Msc Finance will be based on the curriculum of their MBA, which is the best degree they have.
    - Well recognized in the US (not so in other countries)
    - They are expanding VERY fast and spending A LOT of money on that. (I believe the founders aim high and look to be high in all rankings)

CONS
    - Fees are very high compared to similar alternatives
    - They don't have a name yet in the finance/banking field
    - Requirements seem a bit low, which is a bad sign. Even though they require you to take the GMAT for the masters in finance, they would apparently accept scores as low as 550.
    - They push you way too much to apply. That makes them look a bit desperate in attracting students.

That's all I know about them. Hope it helps your decision!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 16, 2011
New on TSR

Results: how's it going?

Which A-level are you most confident about getting back?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.