The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

What does it mean when a college has your application

My Girlfriend's AES was updated today and says 'your offer has been received by a college but a decision has not yet been made'. I've heard if a college gets your application means you've got a place. Is this true??? :smile:
Original post by GMH12
My Girlfriend's AES was updated today and says 'your offer has been received by a college but a decision has not yet been made'. I've heard if a college gets your application means you've got a place. Is this true??? :smile:

About 99.999% true, certainly this early in the cycle. The only way it cannot be true is if the department accidently pass too many candidates onto colleges, which only will happen towards the end, i.e. March.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by GMH12

I am not sure, but I think she may have an offer, although a college has not yet been allocated for her.
Reply 3
Thanks she's dead chuffed :smile:
Reply 4
It means your college has your application
Reply 5
That saying seems strange regarding the fact the university announced that from this cycle onwards any decision will be made prior to a college allocation (that means when department says yes to your application, you are definitely in) - I would say she is in but it is not certain whether the college of her choice will accept her.
Reply 6
Original post by GMH12

The Durham website gives the impression to me that an offer is almost certainly going to be a made but they reserve the right not too if they find they have too many...

Quick Reply

Latest