Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Brackenhurst Campus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyroseeee
How did it go today? :smile:

I learnt four out of the 8 topics and managed to condense the 4 topics down to 9 pages. So I read them a few times before I went to sleep and it seems a decent amount stuck, so actually it wasn't too bad apart from one of the four questions, where it sort of asked something we hadn't gone into detail on despite him saying we wouldn't need extra knowledge for this test. So I probably got like 10 or 12 out of 25 for that question, but better on the other three I think. So yeah think I passed it! Now pretty much 5 months off!:biggrin:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by joey11223
I learnt four out of the 8 topics and managed to condense the 4 topics down to 9 pages. So I read them a few times before I went to sleep and it seems a decent amount stuck, so actually it wasn't too bad apart from one of the four questions, where it sort of asked something we hadn't gone into detail on despite him saying we wouldn't need extra knowledge for this test. So I probably got like 10 or 12 out of 25 for that question, but better on the other three I think. So yeah think I passed it! Now pretty much 5 months off!:biggrin:

Yay! That's good :smile: And ahh I'm jealous! 5 exams next month :frown: Though I suppose I do get 3 months off after that. But 5 months! :O
Actually that reminds me, how long do you get off for christmas/easter holiday, is it around a month? :smile:
Original post by emilyroseeee
Yay! That's good :smile: And ahh I'm jealous! 5 exams next month :frown: Though I suppose I do get 3 months off after that. But 5 months! :O
Actually that reminds me, how long do you get off for christmas/easter holiday, is it around a month? :smile:

We got four weeks at Christmas but only two for Easter. Some Unis seem to get "reading weeks" too near exams where they're no lectures just revision, we don't get those. But a few modules finished before we got most of the exams.
Reply 43
Original post by Omg..
Great news :smile:

Ooyahh.. theres quite a few people on here who are doing thatcourse, im so excited for the course and just the whole uni experience :yy:
what accommodation you staying in?

Very much so! :smile:.

Yeah, it's a really good course. All i can say from my experience and my mishaps.. Do the background reading.. and get revision notes down early!.. I screwed up my timing for Ecology so im rushing to make notes and trying to remember everything, it's really not working! Haha! Time management is important! :smile:..

I'm in Cherry this year, and im also in Cherry next year! :cool: What about yourself?
Reply 44
Original post by jammy66
Very much so! :smile:.

Yeah, it's a really good course. All i can say from my experience and my mishaps.. Do the background reading.. and get revision notes down early!.. I screwed up my timing for Ecology so im rushing to make notes and trying to remember everything, it's really not working! Haha! Time management is important! :smile:..

I'm in Cherry this year, and im also in Cherry next year! :cool: What about yourself?

Thank youu so much for the advice :smile: do you recommend any books? and hows the night life in brack.. any good?? :/

and oohh.. im in maple :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Omg..
Thank youu so much for the advice :smile: do you recommend any books? and hows the night life in brack.. any good?? :/

and oohh.. im in maple :smile:

No Problem, anytime... Umm Ekert Animal Anat & Physiology, Introduction to Biodiversity, animal behaviour (with the fish on the front) Ecology : Principles and application.. and Conservation Handbook & Ecological Surveying (same author) They're the ones i have/used so i can only recomend them, I know people on my course with Cambles biology, they say thats good! :smile:

I will be in your Biodiversity class! I messed up my exam for it, both of them.. Haha

Oooh Maple, you can roll out of bed 5 mins before a lecture and get there with 2 mins to spare! :smile: Cherry is so far away! haha :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jammy66
Thankfully doesn't take first year into consideration!

JAMES you have to be freakin' kidding me.. I have worked my arse to to achieve a 1st (av. 71%) and they won't even take it into consideration?!

Oh my life.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Clioashlee
JAMES you have to be freakin' kidding me.. I have worked my arse to to achieve a 1st (av. 71%) and they won't even take it into consideration?!

Oh my life.

Spoiler

haha it's true, I've worked my arse off too but only managed to av. 55% i'm so annoyed!... Though, must member im doing BSc and your Doing FDSc so they're marked differently! :-)

Haha, see you soon, have a great summer, and don't forget to say hello at freshers fair, table 29, conservation soc, BOYA! :biggrin:

Love! x
Original post by jammy66
, must member im doing BSc and your Doing FDSc so they're marked differently! :-)

Well I'm moving straight onto the BSc honours in biology for next year so I can prove myself then :colone:
Reply 49
Original post by Clioashlee
Well I'm moving straight onto the BSc honours in biology for next year so I can prove myself then :colone:

Ahh thats cool! :smile:

just so you folks are aware there is a change with bus prices. It used to be that the NCT easy rider bus pass didn't apply to the 100 so you had to pay £3.50 for a return, but now it is inclusive so there's no extra charge. I believe this only applied if you use your NTU smart card as a bus pass(basically take the smart card to the travel centre in town and they'll put the days on that so it works on the scanners on buses).

Also there is now a private company running a Y100 alongside the regular 100. Your bus pass won't work on this and they charge a £3 return. However it seems some of their drivers don't understand their own system and if you show your student card to a Y100 driver most of the time they just let you on for free...:wink:

Hi. Just to update about the bus service around the NTU Brackenhurst Campus. You are correct that the Y100 bus serivce was established but now sadly that service is no longer active. NCT are still providing their Pathfinder 100 bus service. The prices are always changing so check out www.nctx.co.uk and select the Pathfinder 100 (Nottingham to Southwell). Also something to consider is the new NCT N100, which is the night bus between Nottingham and Southwell, which is £5 from any stop between Nottingham and Southwell. If you want anymore information about Nottingham Trent University and the Brackenhurst Campus, visit www.ntu.ac.uk/ares or @NTU_BrackTweet. :smile:

We got four weeks at Christmas but only two for Easter. Some Unis seem to get "reading weeks" too near exams where they're no lectures just revision, we don't get those. But a few modules finished before we got most of the exams.

If you are interested in the term dates at Nottingham Trent University check out http://www.ntu.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/term_dates/. :smile:
Original post by Sinny

Original post by Sinny
Hiiii, I was just wondering what the travel is like to the Brackenhurst campus from the city, cause I don't fancy living at the campus, and would much rather live in the city itself! p.s I'm doing the geography course (F800).

So basically I wanted to know if you can drive in, if there are buses to the campus and how much they cost, and also how many lectures there are per week. etc...

Hi. If you are interested the public transport network connecting Nottingham, Brackenhurst and Southwell, visit www.nctx.co.uk fpr all the information, the bus service which connects Brackenhurst with Nottingham and Southwell is the Pathfinder 100 bus service. RE: Student parking on campus, car parking permits at the moment are FREE on the Brackenhurst campus, and I do not think this is going to change for the 2011 starters. For more information about the Brackenhurst campus visit www.ntu.ac.uk/ares or check out our twitter feed @NTU_BrackTweet. Thanks
Original post by bradley.sparkes

Original post by bradley.sparkes
Hey Sinny, I see you're going to be doing the Geography course at Brackenhurst next year. I too have an offer for the course F840 (Physical Geography) and live in Peterborough.

Which school do you go to?

I'm planning to live in the city (hopefully mill house accommodation) and catch the 100 bus from Queen Street to get to Brackenhurst (A student travel card for the academic year is about £250).

Hi. Im trying to find out whether there is still an annual pass for the Nottingham - Southwell Pathfinder 100 service, there has been a few changes to the service recently, the best place to find out up-to-date information is the Nottingham City Transport website www.nctx.co.uk. Follow us on Twitter @NTU_BrackTweet to keep in touch with Brackenhurst.
Hi all :smile:
NTU for Animal Biology is my insurance.
I'm a bit confused as to what to do about accomodation should I end up at NTU as I definatley want to live in the city and dont fancy being 15 miles from all the main action!
But looking at bus times etc its a treck and a half to and from brackenhurst!
Does the bus stop at the campus or in southwell (so then you have to walk up?)

Does antyone live in the city and travel in?
What do you all recommned?

Oh and any other Animal Biologists?
xx
heyaa, i wonder if anyone can help me, im starting an animal management course at brack in october of this year and i dont really know what to expect? has anyone do this couse or currently doing it? would much appriciate the advice if any, thanks jade :smile:
Original post by Sinny
Hiiii, I was just wondering what the travel is like to the Brackenhurst campus from the city, cause I don't fancy living at the campus, and would much rather live in the city itself! p.s I'm doing the geography course (F800).

So basically I wanted to know if you can drive in, if there are buses to the campus and how much they cost, and also how many lectures there are per week. etc...

Did you end up booking accomodation on Brackenhurst or City? x
Original post by jadeee<3
heyaa, i wonder if anyone can help me, im starting an animal management course at brack in october of this year and i dont really know what to expect? has anyone do this couse or currently doing it? would much appriciate the advice if any, thanks jade :smile:

is it a btec national diploma by any chance? i didn't do it at brack but i've just finished that course at college and if it's the same idea it's a really good course.
Reply 58
Anyone else in Brackenhurst Halls?
Original post by Pegasus2
Anyone else in Brackenhurst Halls?

i am, can't remember my room number atm but i'm there somewhere haa. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending