The Student Room Group

Leaving uni - maintenance loan?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah I'm really confused as well...

I'm wanting to leave university as soon as possible, and I feel really unhappy here. But I can't afford to leave until I pay the £1,800 contract rent on the house, Ideally, I want to use the incoming student finance to do that, and then just leave, but i'm unsure if I will be able to do that or not, anybody help? :smile:
Hello,

I want to transfer to a course that I do from home which is labelled as a part time degree. I was thinking of waiting to get my next maintenance loan and then doing the transfer. But because if I transfer to a part time course you don't receive a maintenance loan would they ask for it back?

Don't want to risk it and not be able to pay my rent

Thanks
Reply 22
Original post by KatherineH123
Hello,

I want to transfer to a course that I do from home which is labelled as a part time degree. I was thinking of waiting to get my next maintenance loan and then doing the transfer. But because if I transfer to a part time course you don't receive a maintenance loan would they ask for it back?

Don't want to risk it and not be able to pay my rent

Thanks

Yes, you would be expected to repay that installment in full, from your transfer date.
But would it be included in my overall debt or would they ask for it back straight away in the same year?
Original post by KatherineH123
But would it be included in my overall debt or would they ask for it back straight away in the same year?

If you can prove your in financial hardship you can pay it back once you finish studying or you can choose to set up a payment plan.

If you phone SFE and say your in financial hardship and want to defer the overpayment of your ML due to financial hardship they will email you a financial hardship form.

You would need to provide past 3 months bank statements, financial obligations your struggling with such as rent etc and any other evidence that shows your in debt and can't afford to pay it back right now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending