The Student Room Group

Introverts, we have something to smile about afterall

Scroll to see replies

Apparently I'm an ESTJ but I don'tact like an extrovert, at least it seems to me like I don't:s-smilie:
Reply 61
Original post by concubine
How have you both failed to notice that the vast majority of people are borderline retarded?

What's that got to do with anything?
Original post by babygirl110
Oh I really don't think you should feel too introverted for your own good though though. It's just about harnessing those introvert quality as this article suggests. Also as you can see, a lot of people on this thread are really happy with being introverted, it works well for them. I think it can work really well for you if you know who you are and your strengths.

In the past I was in denial about being an introvert and it was resource intense because I would try to be something I wasn't and didn't focus on my strengths. It ended up

Sorry, I don't understand this last paragraph :confused:. And what does "resource intent" mean?

Anyway, extroverted people seem to be a lot more confident and liked by more people, and seem to get into relationships a lot easier. So, I dunno, sometimes I wish I was more like that :frown:
I was happy being an introvert anyway. :p:
Reply 64
INFP too :smile:
amazing how accurately the profile describes me actually
Reply 65
Original post by concubine
How have you both failed to notice that the vast majority of people are borderline retarded?

what?
Reply 66
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Sorry, I don't understand this last paragraph :confused:. And what does "resource intent" mean?

Anyway, extroverted people seem to be a lot more confident and liked by more people, and seem to get into relationships a lot easier. So, I dunno, sometimes I wish I was more like that :frown:

lol, I just realised I didn't even finish my paragraph, I was rushing out. I was saying I ended up always feeling drained because of being somebody I wasn't.

By resource intense, I meant it ended up taking away my energy resources because I'd be putting a lot of energy into trying to be something I'm not. I imagine the same way extraverts would become drained and lose energy if they ever tried to be introverts.

Introverts get their energy from within whereas introverts seem to get their energy from being with a lot of people.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom

I reckon though that introverts are better at sustaining relationships :smile:
Reply 68
I have taken these tests dozens of times, and it always comes out as INTJ, though I know I have always been an introverted person. I was pretty shy when I was younger, and while I have largely overcome that, I am still a textbook introvert.
Reply 69
Original post by Absinth
Makes me feel a little better...

Edit: this is a long shot, but anyone on here an INFP?

ENTP y0! That article is tosh, you can have all of those things i.e. good planning skills, good memory etc. without being an I.
Reply 70
Original post by Kerny
I have taken these tests dozens of times, and it always comes out as INTJ, though I know I have always been an introverted person. I was pretty shy when I was younger, and while I have largely overcome that, I am still a textbook introvert.

People on here are misreading the term introvert. That is a tendency, and whilst most introverts can have low confidence in social situations it is possible to be a confident introvert or indeed an un-confident extrovert.
Original post by LauriC
Any chance you could explain? Sorry, I have no idea what INTJ is :smile:

Well this is the link to test and give an indication of which one you are:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

And here is the link to what an INTJ is :smile:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ

Just dart around wikipedia for the other forms of extrovert/introvert groups.

I much preferred this link for a more thorough analysis on it:
http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html

Which one did you end up getting :redface:?
Original post by HumanNature1992
I reckon though that introverts are better at sustaining relationships :smile:

Well from my personal experience, I tend to not even liking going into relationships :L Because I do do the whole over-analytical "inference", and it ends with the outcome of:this relationship shall end in despair as I will not relinquish enough emotion (or even conjure enough) to sustain the relationship :tongue: But yeah, I do get what you mean, I do think that a quite large number of introverts would be really good in a relationship, even if they are a bit less than forthcoming with their emotion :redface:
Reply 73
Original post by lonely14
Yes you can. :five:

Thanks. I've got three replies all saying the same thing.
Reply 74
Original post by TheSownRose
We can do this, though: :five:

Reply 75
Original post by Pheylan
:five:

Reply 76
Original post by forgottensecret
Well this is the link to test and give an indication of which one you are:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

And here is the link to what an INTJ is :smile:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ

Just dart around wikipedia for the other forms of extrovert/introvert groups.

I much preferred this link for a more thorough analysis on it:
http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html

Which one did you end up getting :redface:?

Thanks, that was really helpful :smile: And I actually got INTJ, so now I feel really unoriginal :colondollar: But it was really creepily accurate to the way I behave :smile: I tend to be skeptical about this sort of thing, but I really like it, it's like scientific horoscope :smile:
Original post by LauriC
Thanks, that was really helpful :smile: And I actually got INTJ, so now I feel really unoriginal :colondollar: But it was really creepily accurate to the way I behave :smile: I tend to be skeptical about this sort of thing, but I really like it, it's like scientific horoscope :smile:

On the contrary, "INTJs are one of the rarest of the sixteen personality types, and account for about 1–4% of the population". Just happens TSR has a few of them :tongue: Yeah, I know what you mean, it just knows me so well :biggrin:
I'm an ISTJ. Which makes me sound like some type of robot. But the description suits me to a tee. And I am actually ridiculously emotional, which doesn't quite work but oh well :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending