The Student Room Group

Jump between GCSE and A-level?

Scroll to see replies

Certainly there is a jump in all areas of moving from gcse to a level, but many people that fly through gcse like yourself may simply find a levels to be more the level you want to be working at and so naturally you pick it up and don't find as much of a jump. i think it also depends on how much independent learning you do. I think you get out of a levels what you put in to them, maybe you just put more in than you realise.
Reply 21
Well i did Maths, Physics, Business and ICT. Not overly hard i know :tongue: but maths is exacly the same as gcse. Business is identical to edexcel course at gcse and physics you cannot go into an exam use common sense and get an a* :angry:
Reply 22
Original post by stjohnpeters
Frankly, i do not see it, all of the teachers in my school said their is a huge jump between gcse and alevel but i disagree. It may be that im in AS and A2 gets alot harder but we will see.

P.S alot of people in my school are getting U's.... How?

I felt like this is AS. It's in A2 where I really saw a jump (and my grades reflected this) ... I guess it depends on the person.
Reply 23
Everything looks harder when you look at it from below but once you get to it, it becomes easy with enough work. :biggrin:
I didn't feel the jump because I stepped up the work load so much, I reckon I would be the highest performing student in my college relative to my gcses by loads. The step up to A2 is even less, although the content is a bit harder it takes no extra work and is an easy progression from AS.

Quick Reply

Latest