The Student Room Group

Heartless clampers put boy's life in danger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338201/Clampers-refused-let-son-suffering-chemical-burns-hospital-say-parents.html

A screaming five-year-old boy whose throat had been burned by chemicals was forced to wait to go to hospital - after his family car was clamped. Charlie Combrink was left in agony after swallowing the contents of a children's glow bracelet at home in Bournemouth, Dorset.

He was discovered by his mother Sarah, 38, who sent husband Nolan, a 33-year-old former policeman, to fetch their family car and park it outside the house.
But while he raced in to the house to grab his injured son, clampers clamped their red Nissan and demanded £150 pounds to remove it.

They refused to relent despite the family's desperate pleas, and Mr and Mrs Combrink were forced to call an ambulance to rush Charlie to Royal Bournemouth Hospital. He was treated for chemical burns to his nose and oesophagus, but is expected to make a full recovery.

The family have since taken out a loan to cover the cost of clamping, which spiraled to £450. Mrs Combink, a mother-of-four, said: 'Charlie came down and said "Mummy my throat is burning."

'I shouted at Nolan to get the car. He ran upstairs to carry Charlie down, but by the time we got downstairs we had been clamped. 'I just wanted to get Charlie to hospital. Charlie was getting worse and he was standing there laughing.

'I just couldn't believe he stood there and watched my son have a convulsion and just wouldn't help us.

:rolleyes:

Favourite comment:

"i think if that had been one of my kids i think that the clamper would also needed to go to hospital as well"
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Just doing his job. The laughing part I find hard to believe.
Reply 2
Knew this would be from the DM as soon as I read the thread title. Completely exaggerated if not entirely untrue.
Reply 3
Original post by StephenP91
Just doing his job. The laughing part I find hard to believe.

Just being a jobsworth.
Reply 4
I know traffic wardens can be dicks, but I mean the guy must have been clamped for a reason... does the fact that he needed the car to take his child to hospital change this? It's unfortunate, but if the guy needed his car to nip down to the shop there would be nowhere near as big a deal.

I'm not saying the clamping was justified, I don't know the story behind it, but it's not like the traffic warden knew the man would have to take his son to the hospital.

And trust the Daily Mail to throw 'heartless' in there, surprised they haven't claimed it as 'political correctness gone mad' or something similarly ludicrous.
Reply 5
Can't blame the clampers for natural selection.
Reply 6
The Daily Fail
As soon as I read the title i knew this could only be the daily mail. I have to ask though, why would they not call an ambulance anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending