The Student Room Group

To all those in support of police action at the recent student demonstration...

First of all watch this to the END
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXNJ3MZ-AUo&feature=player_embedded

and then you should at least consider the possibility that police provoked violence from the students there in order to justify their heavy handed response and give the media images that they can then spin to use against protesters.

Yes you could claim that the violence was enacted/started by a small group of anarchists but this quite frankly was not the case. Instead this is what 'they' would like you to think in order to get the issue swept away (think of the media's focus on the royal family who happened to get in the way due to police blunder rather than the REAL issues of the day).

I also implore you to actually think before you respond, but God knows that won't happen.

Even if (inevitably) this thread turns into a Daily Mail reading troll-fest I like to think that maybe just one of you may think of the issues in a different light.
Reply 1
Don't get me wrong I'm generally supporting the police action but in this case it's pretty ****ing retarded to drag somebody with cerebral palsy out of his wheel chair and across the concrete.

What's worse is that dense ****ing interviewer suggesting that he could of thrown things and could have been a threat? What could somebody who can't even use their own wheelchair throw at a riot geared police officer that could be a threat?

I hope the officers in question thought he was some student taking the piss in a wheel chair and didn't realize that he was disabled in the heat of the moment because if that's not the case they have a lot to answer for. Also did I mention the guy doing the interview is a ****ing idiot?
Reply 2
The disgusting thing is this wasn't even the worst of it. Sure, I don't own a digital camera so therefore you can discredit what I say but there were 14 year old school girls in uniform attacked by police, elderly people who were pushed to the ground and kicked in the face (in one instance their glasses smashed into their face) and even a pregnant woman who was clearly gasping and in distress was layed into by numerous police when she attempted to leave the kettle.

Choose to believe me or not, just trying to show the other side to the story that so many of you take unquestionably as fact.
I usually support the police, but that's awful. However, why exactly was he there in the first place?
Reply 4
Eh, he describes himself as a 'revolutionary'. He probably wasn't as innocent as he makes out.

Not to say what the police did is justified, but there are two sides to every story.
Reply 5
Original post by barryhaber
The disgusting thing is this wasn't even the worst of it. Sure, I don't own a digital camera so therefore you can discredit what I say but there were 14 year old school girls in uniform attacked by police, elderly people who were pushed to the ground and kicked in the face (in one instance their glasses smashed into their face) and even a pregnant woman who was clearly gasping and in distress was layed into by numerous police when she attempted to leave the kettle.

Choose to believe me or not, just trying to show the other side to the story that so many of you take unquestionably as fact.

Wtf was a pregnant woman doing in the front row of a riot? Was she **** ing mental?

Look: everyone knew exactly what was going to go down, and we all had a choice: go fight with some coppers, or stay at home. I chose to stay at home. Other people chose to go and stamp on a policeman's head. That was their choice.

Complaining now that taking part in a riot proved to be bad for your health is the height of irony.
Reply 6
most people were there to peacefully protest, not riot, and the large majority DID peacefully protest, so what are you talking about? Also the pregnant woman was not at the front of a 'riot' - she went to a quiet area, asked the police line if she could leave, then people gathered around her as it became clear she wasnt being allowed to leave (people gathered round in bewilderment that the police would treat her that way, not to fight!)
Reply 7

and then you should at least consider the possibility that police provoked violence from the students there in order to justify their heavy handed response and give the media images that they can then spin to use against protesters.

Yes you could claim that the violence was enacted/started by a small group of anarchists but this quite frankly was not the case. Instead this is what 'they' would like you to think in order to get the issue swept away (think of the media's focus on the royal family who happened to get in the way due to police blunder rather than the REAL issues of the day).

I also implore you to actually think before you respond, but God knows that won't happen.

Even if (inevitably) this thread turns into a Daily Mail reading troll-fest I like to think that maybe just one of you may think of the issues in a different light.

Go look on the other thread about him then. There is a whole other side

He admitted on his blog to be coordinating attacks on police lines.

Apparently he was also at Millbank tower and walked to the roof.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8

Hah. They weren't anarchists bro.

EDIT: I really liked the impartiality of the BBC. I think the reporter's intelligence shone through in his questions. What an excellent job he did.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
I hate them now, used to respect them before the protests but a girl I know has a black eye for trying to leave the kettled area to go to the toilet 4 hours after being kettled. Yet if she had urinated in the street she would have been in the papers with the headline

' students urinating in the street at protests. Disgusting and No RESPECT '

or some other nonsense they spurt out as usual.

The police force have been pathetic around the whole issue. I'm really not surpised either as their entry test could be done by a primary school child and the fitness test means beer belly carriers and weak people can get in.

They expect 5.4 on the bleep test. That can be done by someone 20+ stone.
And to lift,push, and pull 35kg (roughly). Anyone can do that - its not hard.

I'm really not surprised by the actions we've seen from the police to be perfectly honest as the majority of them have just got out of school, signed up due to nothing else to do and then think they run everything due to having a badge and the law behind them. The fact that you also don't need any qualifications at all shows that any yob or person with the wrong attitude can join as well - that's why there are so many bent coppers around.

Time to give the buggers army training to put some real respect in to them because at the moment they just think they run the country. Also, give them harder academic tests so then only the intelligent who can think rationally about applying logic to such situations can join the force.

The very first protest showed police were retarded. They kettled protesters then came on air to the BBC News and couldn't understand why protesters were getting restless and pushing

:facepalm:

It doesn't take someone with a degree to work it out does it you dip **** officers. No wonder so many police stay on the beat because if they went any higher in the force they'd be a serious liability. The only ones that make it through the ranks are normally those that are switched on and have a bit of common sense, the minority.

Police = Epic Fail.

Can't wait until they all get sacked.

Lets see who's rioting then and I'll be out there giving you a black eye (see who likes it then you vile women beaters) because you won't have no pretty badge to hide behind because you will have been SACKED !
Reply 10
i frankly think its ridiculous that people are even suggesting this interview was 'biased' in anyway, maybe watch fox news and you will realise how good the BBC really is.
(edited 13 years ago)
I agree completely. The backlash against Jodie McIntyre is disgusting.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending