The Student Room Group

AS APPLIED ICT UNIT 1- Please Help!!!

Hi, basically i'm struggling to finish my Unit 1: Information Age - EBook. The deadline which our teacher has given us is 16/12/10, he says its the final deadline for submission. :eek:

My friends at other schools told me this isn't true as the deadline is January 10th or March 25th, so can anyone post me the actual date for this. Maybe from Edexcel website, as i find their website confusing.

Thxx
Reply 1
depends where you are
and are you talking about edexcel
and whats the ict code
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by noobtouch

Original post by noobtouch
Hi, basically i'm struggling to finish my Unit 1: Information Age - EBook. The deadline which our teacher has given us is 16/12/10, he says its the final deadline for submission. :eek:

My friends at other schools told me this isn't true as the deadline is January 10th or March 25th, so can anyone post me the actual date for this. Maybe from Edexcel website, as i find their website confusing.

Thxx

The dates for submission to the Edexcel moderator (the exam board) are not and never can be the dates that students are asked to submit work. If you look at this from the reverse end you'll see why. Exam board date - delivery time - building the sample time - recording marks time - marking time (for heavan knows how many e-books) - chasing students who don't submit time ... Can you see how all of this adds up?

Some teachers do a first marking, give feedback, and do a second marking. All of this takes time. If a teacher has to mark 60 e-books and each takes 30 minutes to mark, the deadline needs to be well ahead. Teachers do have other courses to mark as well.

Besides, you have other units you have to prepare for the AS, (2 & 3). You can't leave everything to the last minute.

If the submission date is 10-01-2011, then your teacher is being very generous with your deadline. It means he/she is planning to do all the marking, form filling, and sample building over his/her Christmas holiday. If your teacher can do that, then surely you can make an attempt to meet the final deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending