The Student Room Group

What is necessary for A/AS level Further Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel Morris
If I am to complete my A level Maths, including: C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and D1. What else is necessary in order to get an AS level and A level in Further maths. I.e. M1, M2 etc.

Thank you, very much.

- Daniel Morris

Oh, and, is it just me or is TheStudentRoom really slow?

There's a Daniel Morris in my year in my school :zomg:
Original post by sohail.s

yep that's right for the edexcel spec theres only 18 units so doing them all gets you 3 a levels in maths

How do people take A-level Additional Further Maths? Side by side, or do they do it in one year in Year 13?
Reply 22
Original post by im so academic
How do people take A-level Additional Further Maths? Side by side, or do they do it in one year in Year 13?

im guessing these are really brainy people since not much people do further additional maths, if i was to do it it I'd sit gcse maths in year 10 along with additonal maths(Fsmq) then in year 11 sit the whole Maths a level(people do do this) year 12 further maths a level and then year 13 further additional maths a level :biggrin:

i'd think people would do maths a level in year 12 and further maths AS in year 12 and then in year 13 complete the further maths a level and the whole further additonal maths a level

so 1.5 a levels in year 12 (9 units ) and 1.5 a levels in year 13 ( 9 units )
totaling 18 units = 3 a levels in maths :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by dnumberwang
There's a Daniel Morris in my year in my school :zomg:

Perhaps we know eachother. Or, maybe it's one of the other thousands of Daniel Morris' around the world. :smile: What school do you go too?

im guessing these are really brainy people since not much people do further additional maths, if i was to do it it I'd sit gcse maths in year 10 along with additonal maths(Fsmq) then in year 11 sit the whole Maths a level(people do do this) year 12 further maths a level and then year 13 further additional maths a level :biggrin:

i'd think people would do maths a level in year 12 and further maths AS in year 12 and then in year 13 complete the further maths a level and the whole further additonal maths a level

so 1.5 a levels in year 12 (9 units ) and 1.5 a levels in year 13 ( 9 units )
totaling 18 units = 3 a levels in maths :smile:

I think the 1.5 + 1.5. plan sounds the most realistic. :yep:

I've love to meet someone who did 18 modules + AEA + STEP I/II/II all in one year and got perfect marks in them. :eek:
Reply 25
How do people take A-level Additional Further Maths?
Not all that many. It's of limited value to most students.
I think the 1.5 + 1.5. plan sounds the most realistic. :yep:

I've love to meet someone who did 18 modules + AEA + STEP I/II/II all in one year and got perfect marks in them. :eek:

this kid on tsr (Rahul.S) got 1800/1800 in further additional, got 100% in AEA and S in STEP I AND STEP II, not sure about STEP III as of yet.
Original post by Extricated

this kid on tsr (Rahul.S) got 1800/1800 in further additional, got 100% in AEA and S in STEP I AND STEP II, not sure about STEP III as of yet.

I presume he's at Cambridge?
I presume he's at Cambridge?

Nope, he's in year 12, hes going to do STEP III this year and other A levels. He was in my local newspaper, tall boy, not very good looking. :colone:

Nope, he's in year 12, hes going to do STEP III this year and other A levels. He was in my local newspaper, tall boy, not very good looking. :colone:

:eek: When did he do all of these qualifications?

I presume he's going to get an unconditional from Cambridge? :colone:
:eek: When did he do all of these qualifications?

I am not sure when he did them, it didn't say in the paper but here's an excerpt from the article.

'Rahul, who achieved 13A*s at GCSE, and has already got a world record score in Chemistry, hopes to study chemistry at the university of East London. "My parents don't want me to move out, and even though i reall
I presume he's going to get an unconditional from Cambridge? :colone:

I am not sure when he did them, it didn't say in the paper but here's an excerpt from the article.

'Rahul, who achieved 13A*s at GCSE, and has already got a world record score in Chemistry, hopes to study chemistry at the university of East London. "My parents don't want me to move out, and I believe that Oxbridge only get the best results because they take the brightest students, I am encouraging all others to build the reputation of other universities which are lower in the league tables'

I mean, fine, he wants to help worse off universities, but UEL is a bit far KMT :mad:
The troll is being trolled... :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending