The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Question about Durham!!

Im mature student applying to durham and i explained them that ive been out of school for 3 yrs and i have no qualifications at all but only my ielts score which they said is good enough if i pass the pre-sessional course.
The pre-sessional course is a 3 month english course before the university start, after that you proceed to the direct course w/ foundation year.
I was thinking if, i should go for it or just take the International Foundation course.
Im also confused, should i apply first for the direct course w/ foundation year, or should i apply for the pre-sessional course first? Or i can only apply if i get an unconditional offer at durham w/ foundation year?
Can anyone help me w/ this. Im really confused.
They werent really answering all my questions. :frown:

This is the letter i got from durham.

Yes you apply to ucas for a four year degree with the first year being the Foundation year. You apply for the pre-sessional course seperately via the university language centre. Pre sessional normally starts in July so you would do that and then start your 4 year degree programme.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
i guess its in the wrong forum
Reply 3
I don't think many people here would know, it's best to ring up/email Durham directly but they'll probably just say what they've said already.

Quick Reply

Latest