The Student Room Group

What's the best lie you've ever told?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I lie so much that I don't really notice whether I'm telling the truth any more... I used to work in a corner shop when I was younger and once served one of my friend's parents. However, it was the week that I was doing work experience at school so after I served her on the Sunday, she saw me working in Natwest three days later. She seemed a little confused, but didn't say anything. Then, that following weekend I started work in a cafe/aquarium in my town (where I still work) and she came in for a meal with her daughter (my friend). She said "right... i'm not being funny, but how many jobs do you bleeding have?". I told her I had no idea what she was talking about and then me and her daughter managed to convince her that I was one of three triplets :laugh:

I lie all of the time, I even lie when there is no need, when it doesn't even benefit me...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I convinced a friend that i got shot in the leg once, twas amusing
I can't answer this thread without jeopardizing some of the greatest lies known to man.
Reply 43
Original post by Extricated
I have a field of ponies. :biggrin:

You have already rated a post by this user recently!

Dammit!! :frown:
Reply 44
When i was in year 8, i turned into a proper little compulsive liar and i actually couldn't help lying at any given opportunity, like a glass of coke cannot help being drunk by someone who is addicted to coke and has been abstinent for three days.

I used to just go in to school, see someone and be like 'I went to the cinema last night' and even though i never and the person didn't give a ****, i got some pleasure from it.

I've lied about being shot, stabbed, kidnapped in Manhattan when i was just a baby and that's why my Dad is over protective, about reasons i can't come out (usually cba). It only really stopped at the age of about 17 and a half when i just woke up and lost the urge to chat some poo. I'd say my best lie was convincing my ex's sister that she was indeed pretty, when she clearly wasn't. It pays to lie at times.
"Don't worry, I'm not going to rape you..."
Original post by damos92
When i was in year 8, i turned into a proper little compulsive liar and i actually couldn't help lying at any given opportunity, like a glass of coke cannot help being drunk by someone who is addicted to coke and has been abstinent for three days.

I used to just go in to school, see someone and be like 'I went to the cinema last night' and even though i never and the person didn't give a ****, i got some pleasure from it.

I've lied about being shot, stabbed, kidnapped in Manhattan when i was just a baby and that's why my Dad is over protective, about reasons i can't come out (usually cba). It only really stopped at the age of about 17 and a half when i just woke up and lost the urge to chat some poo. I'd say my best lie was convincing my ex's sister that she was indeed pretty, when she clearly wasn't. It pays to lie at times.

There was always someone like you at school. Always.
Reply 47
That water is colourless.
"It's you, not me".
Reply 49
...that Santa Claus exists :P
Reply 50
Loads of my friends think I met the band I went to see on Tuesday and were really jealous/impressed/excited etc. I didn't really,they misunderstood what I said!
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Sir Vile Minds does not go the the same university as me because Sir Vile Minds does not exist. :smile:

You just wait til we speak :teeth: :colone:
Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds
You just wait til we speak :teeth: :colone:

I cannot speak to someone who does not exist.:rolleyes:
My parents are icelandic.
Original post by SoulfulBoy
I cannot speak to someone who does not exist.:rolleyes:

Oh, but I do exist :woo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 55
I got caught in town with a girl by my girlfriend. So I had to pretend all day that the girl I was with was my cousin from another part of the city. I even had to add her under family on Facebook quickly before my girlfriend noticed.

Really I was just cheating on my girlfriend with this girl I'd met whilst out. It went on for about 8 months before someone finally told her that we're not related and I had been cheating all along. I hate snitches.
Reply 56
Original post by damos92

Every school has one of these.

Jay From Inbetweeners.
Original post by BookWormShanti
You have already rated a post by this user recently!

Dammit!! :frown:

:biggrin:
Reply 58
This post
Reply 59
Oh my where do I start?!

Here are a few hooters from the last six months or so...

(i) Told everyone in freshers week my mom is in the Offspring's Pretty Fly for a White Guy music video

(ii) I once goosed Eric Pickles

(iii) My identical twin is in prison for identity fraud (LOL)

(iv) Went home for the weekend and told everyone I was actually giving evidence at the European Court of Human Rights ROFL

I'm BONKERS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending