The Student Room Group

Told girl i like her and got this response...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
bruv, i feel your pain. I been there too many times. The best solution is too just ignore the b**ch. I dont think she quite understands the sheer amount of balls it took for you to confess your love for her. Especially as its been stored up for 3 years. Just pay her less attention, invest your attention somewhere else, like other girls, playstation, school etc. She`ll eventually come looking for you.. Trust me. You dont know what you have have until its gone.

Alternatively you could just bang one of her close female friends. :colone:
You seem like a cool guy. Just concentrate on your studies or something for a while. This time next week, you will feel better. I would say maybe don't talk to her for a little while (just so you can sort your head out) and then just treat her as a mate. If she ever wants to try things with you she will have to let you know now.
Reply 42
Original post by shiinkii
bruv, i feel your pain. I been there too many times. The best solution is too just ignore the b**ch. I dont think she quite understands the sheer amount of balls it took for you to confess your love for her. Especially as its been stored up for 3 years. Just pay her less attention, invest your attention somewhere else, like other girls, playstation, school etc. She`ll eventually come looking for you.. Trust me. You dont know what you have have until its gone.

Alternatively you could just bang one of her close female friends. :colone:

This is the thing I don't understand, why does not reciprocating this feelings make her a bitch? If she's a half-decent girl she'll appreciate his courage and be flattered. Would you prefer a girl who was with you out of sympathy like she owes you something over a girl who was honest and wasn't messing with your head?
Reply 43
LOSER
Original post by Baii93
typical feminist

Are you even aware of what a feminist is?

I can't see how refusing to have sex with someone on the basis you do not find them attractive, regardless of gender, implies what social and political norms you adhere to.
Reply 45
Er, if you don't want to be her friend (and being a friend is a different thing from being in a relationship, not a lesser or greater thing) then you should have made your intentions clear from the outset and been accepted on that basis or rejected on it.

You, instead, presented yourself as a friend for whatever reason and she accepted - you've really got no grounds for complaint.
Original post by L i b
Er, if you don't want to be her friend (and being a friend is a different thing from being in a relationship, not a lesser or greater thing) then you should have made your intentions clear from the outset and been accepted on that basis or rejected on it.

You, instead, presented yourself as a friend for whatever reason and she accepted - you've really got no grounds for complaint.

That is *******s, i hope the OP doesn't listen to this. People go from being friends to more than that all the time. Quite often, the first time you meet someone is as a friend and then you can build on that. He shouldn't complain (and i don't think he is) that she just wants to be friends. But it is surely better that he asked her rather than not saying anything.
Reply 47
Original post by Benjita21
"I really like you, but I like you as a friend. You are an awesome guy: incredibly smart and really funny, but for me just a perfect buddy "

Clearly, she does not feel the same way. I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve

pfft noob, come back when youve grown a pair
Reply 48
"I really like you, but I like you as a friend. You are an awesome guy: incredibly smart and really funny, but for me just a perfect buddy "

Clearly, she does not feel the same way. I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve

Slap her for not immediately proclaiming her love for you! She is obviously just playing hard to get. My advice: you should show up outside her bedroom window late at night and attempt to play the violin. Works wonders.
I don't understand what this girl has done wrong. You told her you like her and she gave you a polite and clear rejection. There is absolutely no ambiguity there. She is not leaving you 'dangling', like someone said. She does not necessarily think she is better than you, otherwise she would not be your friend. She simply does not return your feelings, and there is nothing wrong with that. We can't help who we're not attracted to. She clearly thinks highly of you, so I'd drop your pride and remain friends. You might want some space for a while, which is fine, but please don't let pride get the better of you. I'm sure you'll break some hearts one day, if you haven't already, and probably with far less sensitivity than this girl.
Reply 50
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
I don't understand what this girl has done wrong. You told her you like her and she gave you a polite and clear rejection. There is absolutely no ambiguity there. She is not leaving you 'dangling', like someone said. She does not necessarily think she is better than you, otherwise she would not be your friend. She simply does not return your feelings, and there is nothing wrong with that. We can't help who we're not attracted to. She clearly thinks highly of you, so I'd drop your pride and remain friends. You might want some space for a while, which is fine, but please don't let pride get the better of you. I'm sure you'll break some hearts one day, if you haven't already, and probably with far less sensitivity than this girl.

Quit being all emotional :mad:

I say we hang the girl for her impudence! Nobody rejects you!!!!
Reply 51
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse

Thanks, i agree, there is no ambiguity. I realise she doesn't feel the same. If you look at my comments, i have clearly said that I will tryto be friends with her. Other people have made strange comments about her leaving me dangling (which she definitely did not - that message shows she values our friendship, which is good).

All i was asking, is advice to deal with this situation because i do want to remain friends with her. Your post is very good for that.She is a lovely girl but it wasn't to be...

I've already told her that we will still be friends, so pride is definitely not an issue.
Reply 52
Thanks, i agree, there is no ambiguity. I realise she doesn't feel the same. If you look at my comments, i have clearly said that I will tryto be friends with her. Other people have made strange comments about her leaving me dangling (which she definitely did not - that message shows she values our friendship, which is good).

All i was asking, is advice to deal with this situation because i do want to remain friends with her. Your post is very good for that.She is a lovely girl but it wasn't to be...

I've already told her that we will still be friends, so pride is definitely not an issue.

just don't become her bitch, tagging along everywhere with her, listening to her moan about her boyfriends or whatever, in the vain hope that maybe she'll come around, there is nothing worse than seeing a man reduced to that
Stay friendly, but back off from where you were in terms of friendship so that it is less awkward.
Original post by Drumzilla
just don't become her bitch, tagging along everywhere with her, listening to her moan about her boyfriends or whatever

Most important piece of advice in this thread.
Reply 55
'sup steve
Reply 56
this kind of thing happened to me today aswell.

except she said " I think you are amazing and I know idea you felt that way about me but I think we should get to know each other more and I am still getting over the death of my mother"
Least you had the balls to ask, at the end of the day if she don't want you, one day someone else well, chances are she'll then regret turning you down. It happens so many times.

Clearly, she does not feel the same way (which is fine!). I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve

Consider yourself lucky! I haven't spoken to the last girl I told I liked her in about a year now.
Reply 59
happens to me all the time mate, you seem to be dealing with it very well
if you want to be friends with her then be friends with her but if you dont that's not necessarily a bad thing either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending