The Student Room Group

Testicular pain (Touchy subject)

Hi Guys,

I'll get straight to the point, and basically I am asking about a slight pain in my left testicle.

I've had it on and off for the last few months, it's not causing me a huge discomfort, it just feels like I've been kicked there so like a winded feeling but in my wot nots.

I have done the checks, and I did come across a lumpyish object around where my Epididimys is at the back of my left teste, it feels soft, not like I would imagine a cancerous lump would feel like.

I was just wondering whether anyone knows if it is usual to get lumpy bumpy bits especially around the Epididymis?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:erm: It would be best to get a doctor to check it out. How could be sure it's not cancerous?

Better safe than sorry.
Reply 2
Original post by lonely14
:erm: It would be best to get a doctor to check it out. How could be sure it's not cancerous?

Better safe than sorry.

Because testicular cancer is not painful.
Reply 3
Original post by Law123mus

It might not be painful at the start, but this not a reason to delay going to doctors.

If it spreads to lymph nodes and other areas of body, than it would be really painful. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by lonely14
It might not be painful at the start, but this not a reason to delay going to doctors.

If it spreads to lymph nodes and other areas of body, than it would be really painful. :frown:

You dont have lymph nodes in your testes though

OP go to the doctor ASAP better to be safe than sorry
Reply 5
:zomg: Go to the doctors man!
Reply 6
sounds like Epididymitis - usually caused by an infection; I've had it a few times. It hurts - and yes, a little scary. Go to the doctor; it's pretty easily diagnosed.

also, it's fairly common in young men
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Thanks for the replies.

At this moment in time there's no pain (touch wood) no pun intended.

its only a small pain, like someone has tapped my ******* and that tenderness after.

My brother has stated in the past he's had it and put it down to growing and hormonal pains.

I will most deffinately keep a check on it, and any new signs or anything I will dash to my local GP and get him to examine.

Thanks
Reply 8
Epididymitis can wax and wane pain wise; it's still there though. In fact, it can go on for a long time - and once in a while you get flare ups and it's painful. Eventually, it can get so painful you can barely walk. A doctor will touch you right in the spot where it is - you'll know, believe me - and probably write a prescription for antibiotic.
Reply 9
It might not be cancerous, but even then it may be dangerous.

Get your GP to check it out; you're not wasting their time.

Dangerous rubbish. Shut the hell up about stuff you obviously don't know anything about.

Wilson go to your GP sooner rather than later. Definately before Christmas.

No waiting for something to change. No umming and arring. Just go.

And ignore the ignoranuses on here suggesting otherwise.

One of the TSR members said this some months back [hope he doesn't mind me quoting from another site - I'm sure he said something similar here but can't find the thread]

I'd had an intermittent strange sensation in my left testicle for a couple of months but hadn't felt anything abnormal until about 3 1/2 weeks ago when I tried to arrange to see my own GP (who unfortunately couldn't fit me in).

He was eventually diagnosed with testicular cancer

Very important not to try to self diagnose. Especially in cases like this. Because it might not change at all for months by which time it will be too late ot do anything about.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's ironic; because if you'd touch your testicle it would probably hurt.
It's probably just an epididymal cyst, they are extremely common (if you pick 3 or 4 guys off the street, 1 will probably have one). You don't know for sure until you see your doctor though - you need to make sure it's nothing sinister.
Original post by Jamie
Dangerous rubbish. Shut the hell up about stuff you obviously don't know anything about.

Wilson go to your GP sooner rather than later. Definately before Christmas.

No waiting for something to change. No umming and arring. Just go.

And ignore the ignoranuses on here suggesting otherwise.

One of the TSR members said this some months back [hope he doesn't mind me quoting from another site - I'm sure he said something similar here but can't find the thread]

He was eventually diagnosed with testicular cancer

Very important not to try to self diagnose. Especially in cases like this. Because it might not change at all for months by which time it will be too late ot do anything about.

What the **** are you on about?

I know of 3 people that have had testicular cancer and not one of them experienced pain. I also never told him not to go to the doctors at all. So shut the **** up you self righteous ****!
What the **** are you on about?

I know of 3 people that have had testicular cancer and not one of them experienced pain. I also never told him not to go to the doctors at all. So shut the **** up you self righteous ****!

So you know 3 people who had testicular cancer (yeah right) and they didn't have pain therefore this guy 'can be sure its not cancerous'.

It is not self righteousness to condemn someone who is giving incorrect and dangerous advice.

You sir are an ignorant idiot and I dread that someone will read your confident answer and think you have a clue.

http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/type/testicular-cancer/about/testicular-cancer-symptoms
Original post by Jamie
So you know 3 people who had testicular cancer (yeah right) and they didn't have pain therefore this guy 'can be sure its not cancerous'.

It is not self righteousness to condemn someone who is giving incorrect and dangerous advice.

You sir are an ignorant idiot and I dread that someone will read your confident answer and think you have a clue.

http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/type/testicular-cancer/about/testicular-cancer-symptoms

My grandfather, my dads best friend and my eldest brother, who is dead now because of it, all had testicular cancer. So go **** yourself!
(edited 13 years ago)
My grandfather, my dads best friend and my eldest brother, who is dead now because of it, all had testicular cancer. So go **** yourself!

And with your advice you'll be adding others to that list.
If you want to comment on something this important, be sure to have some actual facts first.
Reply 17
Testicular cancer is rare (though you are in the age group that's at greatest risk for it), but see a doctor to be certain. It might also be a varicocele or hydrocele, both of which are fairly innocuous.
Reply 18
Original post by jjarvis
Testicular cancer is rare (though you are in the age group that's at greatest risk for it), but see a doctor to be certain. It might also be a varicocele or hydrocele, both of which are fairly innocuous.

Yep, a varicocele can be a little achy - especially when it first develops; on the other hand, I think it's possible that the onset can precipitate epididymitis.
Reply 19
Hi All,

Quick update; The Lump in question which was fairly hard is moveable. It is on the side of my testicle at the back near where the sperm tube is. But it doesn't feel connected to the Sperm tube.

Is it good if it is moveable, like when I feel it, I can push it into my testicle, it feels like a raised hard vein lump.

Quick Reply

Latest