The Student Room Group

2 rejections ! :|

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry too much about it. A lot of people get a mix of rejections and offers, perhaps you're just the unlucky one who has received the rejections first.

The fact you still have 3 choices left means that those choices are still considering you!
Reply 81
Original post by bradley.sparkes
Don't worry too much about it. A lot of people get a mix of rejections and offers, perhaps you're just the unlucky one who has received the rejections first.

The fact you still have 3 choices left means that those choices are still considering you!

Yeaaah :smile: thanks for thaat :smile: X:biggrin:
Original post by UniquaLove
Their loss! Dw I dont know what they are playing at this year lol oh well im sure wheree ever you go you will achieve an outstanding degree qualification anywayy :smile: Good luck with rest of UCAS :biggrin:

Aww thanks! :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp
Don't worry I got rejected from UCL, which was my first choice :frown: I was devastated but I guess there's nothing either of us can do. We just have to pray that someone else sees our potential and grabs us up :biggrin:

Heya,

You've applied to like 3 unis that iv applied to and for law too:P

if you don't mind what are your predicted grades and when did you send of your application I haven't heard from UCL
Original post by sweetxxgal
Heya,

You've applied to like 3 unis that iv applied to and for law too:P

if you don't mind what are your predicted grades and when did you send of your application I haven't heard from UCL

Hey :smile: Urm my predicted grades are A*AA and I sent off my UCAS form on the 22nd of October.

What three have you applied to? Good luck! No news from UCL at this stage looks good :smile:
Reply 85
To all of you getting rejections, don't be disheartened. If you have a dream, and work hard, with determination and intelligent effort you will eventually find success. Good luck to all of you. I remember being 17 and applying for university, it is an utterly stressful experience and all of you have my utmost sympathy.

xx
Reply 86
Two rejections in space of basically 1 day! :s-smilie: !!

Brighton
Kingston
St. Marys to go !

Rejections were form QMUL and Essex anyone heard from their uni's?

Its fine! Ive basically had the worst luck ever! haha
got 2 rejections in one day; sheffield uni and lincoln
then yesterday i got another rejection!

Im the biggest failure ever! I cried yesterday. hahah
but it will get better! its not the end of the world! :biggrin:
Reply 87
Original post by raari

YOUR NOT A FAILURE! Aww dont worry its all part of the progress lol I cried my eyes out to lol! :frown: makes me wish i didnt pick those uni's maybe if i picked summin else O WELL! dont worry 2 to go! im sure you will get into at least one of them and im sure your capable of getting the grades so chin up & keeep revising for the exams to comee !!:biggrin: xxxx
Reply 88
make sure you ring up the unis and try to find out why - some unis will give you a reason, others won't but if they spotted a loop hole in your personal statement other unis might too and if they invite you for interview you'd be better off to have a prepared answer about what went wrong as opposed to going in and getting absolutly grilled...?
I got rejected by two of my choices too. Firstly, I got an offer from Lincoln which was great, and then a rejection from Leeds which was really disappointing as it was my favourite. I then got a huge surprise by receiving an offer from Manchester which made everything better! I then got my back up offer from Leicester and then a rejection from Cardiff which I didn't really care about, aha.

Things will work out, don't worry :smile:
Original post by raari

Oh, you poor thing! :frown: Everything will definitely get better!
What are you applying for?
Reply 91
Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp
Hey :smile: Urm my predicted grades are A*AA and I sent off my UCAS form on the 22nd of October.

What three have you applied to? Good luck! No news from UCL at this stage looks good :smile:

City,Brunel and UCL

Ahh just saw your thingy saying 'unsuccessful' Lol I have no hope now your predicted higher than me :smile:
Reply 92
Aww... *hugs*
I got rejected from essex too! for accounting and finance with is in the business department. I'm predicted AABc and there typical offer is 320 ucas. very confusing :s-smilie:
Original post by sweetxxgal
City,Brunel and UCL

Ahh just saw your thingy saying 'unsuccessful' Lol I have no hope now your predicted higher than me :smile:

You've got every single chance of getting in :smile: I've seen people with lower grades than me get accepted to do Law at UCL on TSR. You just need a good LNAT score tbh. It seems like my grades didn't mean that much to them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Hooj
I never got rejected from any of my Unis.

Lol 44 negs for that post!!!!!:eek: wow lol.

Still waiting on mine....
Original post by h82think
My sister last year applied to: KCL, Bristol, Glamorgan, Cardiff, Kent

Bristol- rejected
Glamorgan- conditional- insurance
Cardiff- rejected
Kent- rejected
KCL- conditional- got the grades and now goes there :smile:

Basically all is not lost :smile:

This gives me hope! What course was she applying for and what grades did she get? :rolleyes:
Reply 97
Original post by ellakrystina
Oh, you poor thing! :frown: Everything will definitely get better!
What are you applying for?

And im applying for psychology at york st johns and psychology (criminal behaviour) at southampton solent :smile:
Reply 98
YOUR NOT A FAILURE! Aww dont worry its all part of the progress lol I cried my eyes out to lol! :frown: makes me wish i didnt pick those uni's maybe if i picked summin else O WELL! dont worry 2 to go! im sure you will get into at least one of them and im sure your capable of getting the grades so chin up & keeep revising for the exams to comee !!:biggrin: xxxx

I know how you feel! We'll be fine! :smile:
Its nice to know people do get rejected though, youve kinda given me some comfort xD
most people on here are so smart, getting offers to top universities, kinda makes me feel stupid!
but even us with rejections are smart! just not that good :frown: haha
oh well, we can only keep working at it!

Good luck xox
ABB predicted grades! want to study Business Management!

What grades did you get at AS?

And do you think your PS was weak?

Look on the bright side, you haven't had 5 rejections yet so there is still hope. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending