The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Geography Consuming The Rural Landscape Leisure and Tourism Case Studies

So our pre-release has been given and we know the exam is about conflicts between key players. Does anyone have any good examples or websites for case studies? x
Reply 1
Original post by __xSB
So our pre-release has been given and we know the exam is about conflicts between key players. Does anyone have any good examples or websites for case studies? x

oo am doing this exam!!! u prepared? ive got a tonne of case studies.....no idea wher to start :s-smilie:
Reply 2
anybody sitting this exam on 1/2/2011? complex conflicts?
Reply 3
the case studies i've got so far are:

Goa, West India
Machu Picchu, Peru
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
Reply 4
oo got similar case studies- Machu Picchu, Galapagos, and meh also got Maasai Mara in Kenya, Studland Bay in Dorset, The Lake District NP. & Utah-USA.
Got case studies on:
Donald Trump's development in Scotland
Goa, India
Arran, Scotland

I've got other ones which have been resolved with managment stratagies, but my teacher reckons the question will be on on-going conflicts..
I think I need some shorter ones though, any suggestions?
Reply 6
Original post by GeorgieGee
Got case studies on:
Donald Trump's development in Scotland
Goa, India
Arran, Scotland

I've got other ones which have been resolved with managment stratagies, but my teacher reckons the question will be on on-going conflicts..
I think I need some shorter ones though, any suggestions?

Shorter case studies...um check out the indoor watersport resorts - SnOasis in Suffolk, its a good one for on-going conflicts. snoasisconcern.com

And you'll find shorter case studies on tourismconcern.com things like The conflict between locals and tourists relating to water shortages in Botswana.

And possibly the use of Off-Road vehicals (ORVs) in Utah USA, wilderness area, with high ecological value. Environmental conlficts.
Hope its helpful :smile:
Original post by Monkii611
Shorter case studies...um check out the indoor watersport resorts - SnOasis in Suffolk, its a good one for on-going conflicts. snoasisconcern.com

And you'll find shorter case studies on tourismconcern.com things like The conflict between locals and tourists relating to water shortages in Botswana.

And possibly the use of Off-Road vehicals (ORVs) in Utah USA, wilderness area, with high ecological value. Environmental conlficts.
Hope its helpful :smile:

Thank you so so so much! :smile: I've literally been trawling the internet all afternoon, so you've just made my life so much easier :smile: Thank you!
Reply 8
Original post by GeorgieGee
Thank you so so so much! :smile: I've literally been trawling the internet all afternoon, so you've just made my life so much easier :smile: Thank you!

No problem :biggrin: gladd to be of help
Hello i read about the Donald Trump case study - does someone have an analysis to it? Would be happy if you can post it here ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending