The Student Room Group

Are my A LEVEL Choices to easy?

I have chosen the following choices to do next year for A level and I want to know If I need to change them while I still can.

I have chosen

-Economics
- English Literature
- Psychology
and finally Sociology :smile:

Thanks In advance.. Sam :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*too.

They sound fine? Depends what you want to do after.
Reply 2
Samc12

- Economics
- English Literature
- Psychology
- Sociology

A-Levels by their nature aren't easy. Comparing them is also fruitless as each poses different challenges from the next.

Better to look at how difficult your subjects are on their respective exam boards. e.g. Mathematics is somewhat easier on Edexcel than on OCR, generally speaking.

Darren

PS: If you have a specific career in mind it is best to tailor your A-Levels to that career.
Reply 3
I'm not certain 'easy' is the correct word. Some may be considered more 'respected', but TBH it really depends on what you're thinking of doing at uni (if that's where you want to end up) as to the 'appropriateness' of your A Levels.
Reply 4
Do you realise how meaningless your question is?
Learn the difference between "to" and "too" otherwise don't take English Literature.

Sociology is easy, but it's only so if you're good at writing essays,- the topics can either be seen as boring or engaging.
Perhaps change Sociology to Politics?

Anyhow each subject is "easy", or "hard" for different people and across different exam boards. There are so many factors here which could influence how easy you find them, from teachers to exam boards, to the question set on the day of the exam.

Just take the subjects you feel you're interested in.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
If you're aiming high uni wise, I wouldn't do Psychology and Sociology.
Reply 7
"Easy" is subjective. Psychology and sociology aren't as well respected as some other subjects though.
Reply 8

Do you have any particular strengths or interests? They're the best questions to ask yourself. Perhaps what degree you want to study, because if it's something like medicine you'll want to study certain subjects. Maybe even which uni, while most won't care which subs you take Oxford or Cambridge will
Original post by Lemons
*too.

They sound fine? Depends what you want to do after.

Actually, OP was right. 'To' as in he needs to is right, 'too' is as in too much whatever.

I think they're fine. However, do you not want to do any sciences, or maths perhaps? What do you want to do in the future?
Don't do Psych AND Sociology. Do one to AS if you MUST (though it won't help for the top universities), but not, for the love of God, both.

Depends what you want to do, but Economics and English Lit is a good base.
Reply 11
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
Actually, OP was right. 'To' as in he needs to is right, 'too' is as in too much whatever.

I think they're fine. However, do you not want to do any sciences, or maths perhaps? What do you want to do in the future?

No, he was definitely wrong. The OP is asking whether his choices are excessively easy or easier than is desirable. Therefore, he should have used 'too', not the preposition 'to'.
Reply 12

It's definitely 'too'.

And Psychology and Sociology aren't as well respected as some other subjects e.g. History
Original post by Lemons
No, he was definitely wrong. The OP is asking whether his choices are excessively easy or easier than is desirable. Therefore, he should have used 'too', not the preposition 'to'.

No, he should have used 'to'; he was asking if he needs 'to change them'. That is the title of the thread, but the question he asks later is different.
Original post by neesh123
It's definitely 'too'.

And Psychology and Sociology aren't as well respected as some other subjects e.g. History

It's definitely 'to'.
Reply 15
No, he should have used 'to'; he was asking if he needs 'to change them'. That is the title of the thread, but the question he asks later is different.

Ok, but as I've clearly now said that I was correcting the title (as someone else has also done), which was obviously wrong, why are you continuing to go on about it as though I was correcting something which was clearly right?
Reply 16
It's 'too'. End of.
Original post by Lemons
Ok, but as I've clearly now said that I was correcting the title (as someone else has also done), which was obviously wrong, why are you continuing to go on about it as though I was correcting something which was clearly right?

I thought you were talking about the question later on. No need to get all offensed though.
It's definitely 'to'.

How does it feel to be wrong twice? The title uses the wrong to, end of story.
Reply 19
I thought you were talking about the question later on. No need to get all offensed though.

*offended

Don't worry, I'm not.

Quick Reply

Latest