Falmouth

Falmouth University College

Scroll to see replies

graphic design @ glasney ! waheyy
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 181
Imm staying at Maritime Studios! Woohoo, just put my deposit down can't wait to move in :smile: :smile: :smile: xxx
Any 1st years moving into Maritime Studios?
Reply 183
Moving in to Maritime in about a week :smile:.
Original post by craigers_bee
Interviewing for photography on wednesday- so nervous and exited. Cannot imagine studying anywhere else- the campus and area looks stunning and the course is so highly regarded; it's the sort of place I only could've dreamed at studying at. I'm not too confident about my work, but I am highly cRitical anyway:smile:
I just hope I can blow their proverbial feet coverings off In the interview.
I really need to get away from Yateley- a **** town (housing estate) an hour away from London where nothing happens apart from the occasional anti-social behaviour. I need to be somewhere where I can appreciate art and poetry and beauty without being considered a ponce - I've been stuck in this god awful place for a year after failing to get on a degree course last September, having to suffer all the diminished expectations of our society; watching the x factor when I could be making art and reading Virginia Woolf:frown:

uhh you make it sound like everyone floats around through the fields and beaches playing a harp...seriously, its student life everyone just gets drunk/stoned. sorry to burst your bubble.
Falmouth/Cornwall is really lovely, but it can get pretty boring, especially without a car and the public transport is S***. but i guess if you are coming from somewhere like London then 3 years here would be a dream! :smile:
Original post by GildedButterfly
uhh you make it sound like everyone floats around through the fields and beaches playing a harp...seriously, its student life everyone just gets drunk/stoned. sorry to burst your bubble.

Did sound a bit awful, I admit, but do you not see my point? Everyone is happy with their lot - no one wants to improve or do better unless it's making them money.
I just think it's a bit sad, that's all.
Sorry if I have upset your pigeon holing.
And I don't skip through fields or play the harp either, as much as that sounds like fun.
And before someone mentions, no I am not Camp or religious.
Hey guys, looking to take up the dance course here. Does anyone know what kind of hours we will be in for? Both practical hours and written/lecture hours? I'm just curious as to the breakdown of lesson time and to figure out how much dance kit I'm going to need to pack etc. Also what kind of kit is expected for those dancing? Is it the traditional unitard or are tracksuit bottoms acceptable, or does it depend? Any info on this course would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by WillHem1994
Hey guys, looking to take up the dance course here. Does anyone know what kind of hours we will be in for? Both practical hours and written/lecture hours? I'm just curious as to the breakdown of lesson time and to figure out how much dance kit I'm going to need to pack etc. Also what kind of kit is expected for those dancing? Is it the traditional unitard or are tracksuit bottoms acceptable, or does it depend? Any info on this course would be much appreciated :smile:

Hi Will. Are you planning to join in September 2014? Or in this current year? My best advice would be to email [email protected] and explain your situation, and then should be able to advise, and potentially get you in contact with the appropriate staff at the university.
Original post by WillHem1994

Hi there- the best bet for you is probably to get in contact with some of the students currently on the course- you can find them on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dancechoreographyfalmouth13.16/

http://www.falmouth.ac.uk/dance

I hope this helps,

Camilla
Reply 190
Hi,
I noticed that Glasney accommodation is shared with Exeter University, are flats mixed with students from both uni's? Also are you usually put with someone else from your course because I know a friend who went to a different university and they had someone else from there course living with them (that might of just been a coincidence though).

Thanks!
Original post by Roryyb
Hi,
I noticed that Glasney accommodation is shared with Exeter University, are flats mixed with students from both uni's? Also are you usually put with someone else from your course because I know a friend who went to a different university and they had someone else from there course living with them (that might of just been a coincidence though).

Thanks!

Hi there- you can find out more about the accommodation by visiting the website:http://www.fxplus.ac.uk/live/accommodation-services-information The student accommodation is run by a company that covers Exeter and Falmouth, so we (Falmouth) aren't able to answer many questions about it.

Hope that helps a little

Camilla
Reply 192
I have an interview in the new year for a place on the English and creative writing course and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to expect and also the dress code..?? Cheers
Original post by os2095
I have an interview in the new year for a place on the English and creative writing course and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to expect and also the dress code..?? Cheers

Dress code - dress how you want. I wouldn't recommend a tracksuit, but likewise I wouldn't recommend black tie. Dress how you would dress to a lecture/seminar/hanging out with your mates.
Hi guys, I have an interview for Film on January 17th. I'm wondering if anyone could share their experience with me as im rather nervous at the moment. Also, if anyone could give me some heads up on questions they may ask, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Original post by filmmaker173
Hi guys, I have an interview for Film on January 17th. I'm wondering if anyone could share their experience with me as im rather nervous at the moment. Also, if anyone could give me some heads up on questions they may ask, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks :smile:

Hi-
I can't give you any help with the kind of questions they might ask, but it's worth calling the admissions team if you are worried about the interview as they will be able to give you more information: 01326 213730

You could also join the Film group on Facebook and ask in that:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/filmfalmouth13.16/

You can also find the film team on Twitter @filmatfalmouth

Good luck, and hope to see you here soon!

Camilla
If I were at Falmouth University College I'd join the karate or karting society just for the hoodie.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cambio wechsel
If I were at Falmouth University College I'd join the karate or karting society just for the hoodie.

Sadly for you we're not actually called 'Falmouth University College', just Falmouth Uni

Camilla
Reply 198
Original post by purple-laugh
Really? How come? Bearing in mind I'm from Birmingham -a large, disgusting crowded city - and because I love the country-side, or are you referring to the night life? cheers :smile:

You sound just like me, I'm an applicant from Birmingham too :biggrin:
I love the country side as well, but I don't think Birmingham is so disgusting. :P
Does anyone have any idea how the MA Creative advertising course in Falmouth is? I have been trying to get as many student reviews as I can about the course! Falmouth looks beautiful, that is from the pictures I've seen :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest