Yeah, I like my own company too much to want to share :P

Haha, what will you be studying?
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 81
Original post by imnotlulamae
My interview is on Wednesday, ahh!

Heyyy I was just wondering what course did you apply? Is it Graphic Design? I saw you got a unconditional! congratzz :biggrin:!
What grade did u have so they gave u the place? Did u do a foundation? :smile:
Haha, what will you be studying?

I'll be doing the Theatre BA, so a degree based around collaboration :tongue: Which is fine, ofc, I just like my own space. Pretty much all I get at the moment anyway, gap year is really lonely! Spend 75% of my time without anyone else around :redface:
Reply 83
Hi, I have applied and got a conditional offer and was thinking of coming here. I come from Sheffield so would be staying there most of the year. I was unsure if I wanted to move so far away from home. Does everyone go back home at the weekend? I know it is a small and quiet place but does it have a good student night life? Finally is anyone else applying form up North?

Cheers :smile:
Original post by l_sproson1
Hi, I have applied and got a conditional offer and was thinking of coming here. I come from Sheffield so would be staying there most of the year. I was unsure if I wanted to move so far away from home. Does everyone go back home at the weekend? I know it is a small and quiet place but does it have a good student night life? Finally is anyone else applying form up North?

I come from Leicester (so not the North, but relatively so, compared to the majority of applicants), and I'm in the same boat :smile: People won't go home every weekend, but coming from further away does make it more difficult to go home occasionally for the weekend. I was looking at just coming home at Christmas, Easter and Summer, although there may be times I need to leave other than that. The accomodation runs through Christmas and Easter, so if you do need to stay, you can. My friend is at Falmouth at the moment, and he seems to be going out as much as my other friends at various unis, so I believe it is alright nightlife wise! Falmouth town seems to have a fair few pubs, although smallish, and I think it has a club? I don't think Truro's too far a journey other than that - I can't remember how long it took to drive it, it was part of a 7 hour drive :P What course are you applying for?
Original post by kdwg07
Heyyy I was just wondering what course did you apply? Is it Graphic Design? I saw you got a unconditional! congratzz :biggrin:!
What grade did u have so they gave u the place? Did u do a foundation? :smile:

Hey, no I'm doing English Literature. I had AAC in English Literature, Drama & Theatre Studies, and Art & Design respectively. The entry grades for my course were Cs' I think, as listed in the prospectus. Thanks for the congrats! :smile:
Original post by FluffyLion
I'll be doing the Theatre BA, so a degree based around collaboration :tongue: Which is fine, ofc, I just like my own space. Pretty much all I get at the moment anyway, gap year is really lonely! Spend 75% of my time without anyone else around :redface:

Gah I know the feeling! Especially working weekends - it gets a bit isolating sometimes, hmmph.
Original post by l_sproson1

Hey; I haven't started there yet so not sure if people head home for the weekend, haha, I do know Cornwall has fairly difficult train links - I'm from Bristol, and getting from Penryn to Bristol is anywhere for a 3-5 hour journey and around £40. Doable but not quick. I know there are a far clubs in Falmouth; cheesy only-go-if-very-wasted kinda clubs, but there's a huge pub scene, I hear it's very friendly and the SU itself is awesome; it's joined with Exeter and I hear there's always something going on.
For those who had interviews, could you talk about the questions you were asked and roughly how long the interview went on for? I would really appreciate it! I'm pretty sure "Why do you want to study here and not at another university?" will come up but I'm not sure what else will. Thanks and congrats to those who got offers!
When I went they started picking out things from the personal statement and just kept repeating 'elaborate' or similar words. Along with the usual questions - why this course etc.
Gah I know the feeling! Especially working weekends - it gets a bit isolating sometimes, hmmph.

Exactly! I sometimes work weekdays, but there's very little overtime at the moment, and the work experience I do teaching is only 30 minutes on a Wednesday and again on a Friday. May be getting a full time job soon though :smile:

Pffft, Bristol Schmistol. Some of us are coming a really long way! Like Leicester.
Reply 91
Interview went really well and I got an unconditional, which I accepted after cancelling other applications.

edit: The interview was really informal and the group brainstorm session was fun :smile:
(Creative Events Management)

Oh an with regards to the night life, the campus halls were pretty buzzing when I was there ^^
(edited 13 years ago)
Exactly! I sometimes work weekdays, but there's very little overtime at the moment, and the work experience I do teaching is only 30 minutes on a Wednesday and again on a Friday. May be getting a full time job soon though :smile:

Pffft, Bristol Schmistol. Some of us are coming a really long way! Like Leicester.

I'm like exactly the same boat, to be fair. I'm starting an Open University short course though; May to August, awesome prep for uni seeing as I haven't written an essay since last June...
I'm like exactly the same boat, to be fair. I'm starting an Open University short course though; May to August, awesome prep for uni seeing as I haven't written an essay since last June...

Mmm, I hadn't done any writing till the review I had to do for my interview, but I found it easy enough once I got into the habit. Are you glad you've taken a gap year?
Mmm, I hadn't done any writing till the review I had to do for my interview, but I found it easy enough once I got into the habit. Are you glad you've taken a gap year?

Hmm...overall, yes. It has it's boring/frustrated points, but I definetely needed it and it's given me some great oppurtunities. You?
Hmm...overall, yes. It has it's boring/frustrated points, but I definetely needed it and it's given me some great oppurtunities. You?

Yeah definitely. If I'd gone to uni last year, it would've been to a uni 20 minutes away from home, to do English and Drama. Glad I changed my mind to do just Drama. It is quite lonely - all of my friends are at uni, which means I have no one here to hang with. I get along well enough with people at work, but I wouldn't say they were my friends... At least it means I have places to go to visit people! :smile:
Yeah definitely. If I'd gone to uni last year, it would've been to a uni 20 minutes away from home, to do English and Drama. Glad I changed my mind to do just Drama. It is quite lonely - all of my friends are at uni, which means I have no one here to hang with. I get along well enough with people at work, but I wouldn't say they were my friends... At least it means I have places to go to visit people! :smile:

For sure! Maybe ask some of your work mates out for a drink? Don't worry about it seeming too forward or something, just suggest it. It's what I did, and now one of my closest friends is someone I met before Christmas through work. Hell, it's your gap year, do whatever you want!
Original post by MrMagicMushroom
Anyone got an interview for Photography in March? Mines is on the 31st.

I've got an interview for Photography on the 30th of March. I really want to go there. Good luck :biggrin:
Have my Graphic Design interview on the 28th, it's my top choice, i think i'll be devastated if i don't get in. xD
For sure! Maybe ask some of your work mates out for a drink? Don't worry about it seeming too forward or something, just suggest it. It's what I did, and now one of my closest friends is someone I met before Christmas through work. Hell, it's your gap year, do whatever you want!

Lol, we have nothing in common at all! I do have a few friends there, but we're not on 'going out for drinks' terms. And I don't really drink (Freshers is going to be amazing :tongue:). Maybe I'm just making excuses... But I'm used to the loneliness now Makes me look forward to the summer more, when everyone gets back! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest